xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dxbx - Emulating The Xbox  (Read 273 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Dxbx - Emulating The Xbox
« on: November 04, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »

No one here will help you obtain any XDK files or anything built using XDK. Use Google.

PatrickvL

• Archived User
Dxbx - Emulating The Xbox
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »

A little clarification :

It's not the actual XDK's that Dxbx is looking for - it's the patterns that can be derived from the lib files in those XDKs!

I actually build a tool that does that, much like how IDA Pro generates their .pat files. However, unlike IDA Pro (which stores complete function signatures in their pattern files), I use only the first 32 bytes and the references of a function. So with my format it's not possible to reconstruct the original lib files anymore. As far as we know, there's nothing wrong with using this sort of deviate!

And if these are still a problem, than we could even take it one step further, as the patterns themselves are converted one more time into a 'signature-trie', which contains just the unique elements of the patterns (this process looses some data again, so I really don't see how this could ever be considered 'illegal').

Anyone wanting to help us out building an Xbox1 emulator for PC, please contact me if you're willing to generate some of those patterns! Here a list of the patterns we already have (to save you some trouble) : http://dxbx.svn.sour...ource/Patterns/

Cheers,
PatrickvL

(Oh, and tangomar : thanks for mentioning us here!)