xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: From Xbox-->pc Very Slow  (Read 69 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« on: July 01, 2003, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hydra @ Jul 1 2003, 05:24 PM)
So I´m trying to transfer files from my xbox to pc, but everytime connection cuts off.
First speed is good but it gets slower until stops. It tried to copy from Hdd and DVD and both got same problem

I´m Using FlashFxp and I have tried another FTP program, but no luck.
Passive mode is off. Firewall off. So Is there any solution for this problem. Is it Software problem or xbox problem? Pls help.
Hdd Is original Xbox hdd

PC:
1200 tb
256memory
WIndows XP

Try using FlashFXP with Media X Menu as your dash/FTP Server. It's consistantly clocked in faster FTP transfers than Evo-X.

Plus, it's the sweetest looking, most customizable dash around (Click on the "Watch!" link in my signature).

If this doesn't improve things, then it's probably a hardware issue.

Use X-Selector so you can easily switch Dashboards (Evo-X, Ava, MXM) and see which performs best on the FTP transfer speeds.

bombzhome

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 1 2003, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (Hydra @ Jul 1 2003, 05:24 PM)
So I´m trying to transfer files from my xbox to pc, but everytime connection cuts off.
First speed is good but it gets slower until stops. It tried to copy from Hdd and DVD and both got same problem

I´m Using FlashFxp and I have tried another FTP program, but no luck.
Passive mode is off. Firewall off. So Is there any solution for this problem. Is it Software problem or xbox problem? Pls help.
Hdd Is original Xbox hdd

PC:
1200 tb
256memory
WIndows XP

Try using FlashFXP with Media X Menu as your dash/FTP Server. It's consistantly clocked in faster FTP transfers than Evo-X.

Plus, it's the sweetest looking, most customizable dash around (Click on the "Watch!" link in my signature).

If this doesn't improve things, then it's probably a hardware issue.

Use X-Selector so you can easily switch Dashboards (Evo-X, Ava, MXM) and see which performs best on the FTP transfer speeds.

LOL....  laugh.gif ...BenJeremy's trying to get people to download MXM... its a kick @$$ dashboard tho... i LOVE it... i gotta start using it more often..

trob

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »

Have you tried another ftp program to see if the results are consistant?  It may help isolating the problem.

lowry383

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »

I had a really slow ftp also and I'll tell you how I got mine form 100kbs to 9,000+. I use flashfxp. First you disable your internet connection especially if you have a dsl or cable. Then you turn on your xbox and your computer. While keeping your xbox on, restart your computer. This boosted my connection a lot.
hope that helps

Hydra

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 02:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (trob @ Jul 2 2003, 01:06 AM)
Have you tried another ftp program to see if the results are consistant?  It may help isolating the problem.

Im Using FlashFxp and I have tried another FTP program, but no luck.

Yes I have Tried Another Program.

Hydra

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 02:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (lowry383 @ Jul 2 2003, 01:47 AM)
I had a really slow ftp also and I'll tell you how I got mine form 100kbs to 9,000+. I use flashfxp. First you disable your internet connection especially if you have a dsl or cable. Then you turn on your xbox and your computer. While keeping your xbox on, restart your computer. This boosted my connection a lot.
hope that helps

Well I Don´t Have SLOW Connection. I have NO COnnection So There Is no help with Boosting It Because There is no COnnection. Download Just Drops off and Quits.
BUt Thanks Anyway...

charvelzeppelin

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 03:48:00 AM »

i also had that problem with a few xboxes...however, xbox seems to work fine even though im using the same settings...ive noticed the older an xbox gets, it gets more problems ftping back and forth..since my modded xbox is pretty new, it is working fine now (i use xbmp as dash though, may be why)...you should try connecting to the server that xbmp puts up...i think that server is much better then evox...let me know if that works.

Hydra

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (charvelzeppelin @ Jul 2 2003, 12:48 PM)
i also had that problem with a few xboxes...however, xbox seems to work fine even though im using the same settings...ive noticed the older an xbox gets, it gets more problems ftping back and forth..since my modded xbox is pretty new, it is working fine now (i use xbmp as dash though, may be why)...you should try connecting to the server that xbmp puts up...i think that server is much better then evox...let me know if that works.

Ok I´ll try. Thanks

elduderino1234

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 10:57:00 AM »

my ftp speeds just got RIDICULOUSLY slow (~400KB/s). I think its because my 120gb hdd is almost at capacity because when my friend brought his xbox over, I was getting around 3000KB/s. Oh well. Hopefully the next Ava release with its defrag utility will help me out  biggrin.gif

NeO529

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2003, 09:15:00 PM »

im having the same problem from xbox2pc and pc2xbox I got 4mb/s and then all of a sudden I am getting 40kbs!! I have no Idea what the hell is wrong.

nicket

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »

I still have the same problem.. It starts with 300kb/sec and then in a few secons it's 20kb/sec  Does anybody have a solution ?

please help

NeO529

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2003, 02:34:00 PM »

Mine seems to running fine now *knock on wood*. I installed another network card and it seems to be working good.

ajk

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2003, 04:06:00 AM »

Is your Hdd full???
When my original Hdd (Segate10Gb) was full the connection speed was very slowly!!!(about 400Kb/s)
But when I installed the new hdd (120Gb) the speed changed to about 3000-4000Kb/s...

That's All...

-AjK-

ice.hawk

• Archived User
From Xbox-->pc Very Slow
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2003, 12:16:00 AM »

Seems that I am not alone in having these annyoing problems. Its pretty funny, cus when I upload a movie or something to my Xbox from PC, i get around 4.5 MB/s in FlashFXP.. and around 7 MB/s in Total Commander. But as soon as I start uploading a game, then it drops to 600 kb/s and continue dropping down to 300-400 kb/s. In both ftp programs. And when I try to upload a movie again right after, the speed goes up to 7 MB/s..

I will get a new HDD next week, so maybe it will work after the installation. But its pretty weird anyway.