xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Odamex 0.6.4  (Read 1068 times)

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Odamex 0.6.4
« on: August 02, 2013, 12:18:00 AM »

CODE
+ Added vid_maxfps CVAR to allow frame rates greater than 35. Users can cap to an arbitrary frame rate or have completely uncapped frame rates. Interpolation between game logic states is used for frame rates other than 35.
- Removed r_widescreen CVAR.
+ Added vid_widescreen CVAR (default = 0) to indicate the user prefers a wide field-of-view.
+ Pillar boxing is used in place of horizontal stretching.
+ Letter boxing is used in 4:3 video modes with wide field-of-view.
* Fix the frame rate decrease that occurs when a player is looking directly at a very close wall and they are using a screen width that is a power-of-two (512, 1024, 2048, etc.).
* Fix obituaries for rocket deaths. The obituary for splash damage was swapped with the obituary for direct hits.
+ Add support for ZDoom in Doom format horizon lines (special #337).
+ Add support for the ZDoom DeHackEd weapon extensions "Ammo use" and "Min ammo" and "Ammo per shot" from Eternity.
* Change the ammo usage per shot for railguns to match "Ammo use" and change weapons if the railgun does not have "Min ammo". Note that if the DeHackEd patch that implements the railgun does not otherwise specify, the railgun will use the amount of ammo per shot as the weapon it replaces.
* Fix a bug that sent all team chat messages to spectators on the same team.
* Change the default color of team chat messages from green to orange.
* Fix freezes with maps requiring large numbers of TID, such as dvii-1u.wad MAP19.
* Fix a bug that would use the past position of the wrong player when performing reconciliation with sv_unlag under certain circumstances. This could be seen by flags dropping at the location of players besides the flag carrier in CTF.

Clockface

• Archived User
Odamex 0.6.4
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »

Thanks for this, mate.

Clockface

• Archived User
Odamex 0.6.4
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 05:45:00 AM »

Hyper Eye, is it possible to use the fantastic mod Brutal Doom with Odeamex, please? I mean for offline, single player mode.

If you've not played it, it's available from here;

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

Clockface

• Archived User
Odamex 0.6.4
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »

If it's not possible, then please (please PLEASE) find a way to make it possible!!! Brutal Doom is amazing, it is what Doom 3 should have been. Seriously, it's fantastic. So far I've only played it single player (which is how I mostly play Doom anyway), using GZDoom on the PC, and I'm loving it. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed a game this much, and considering how ancient it is, and how I know the levels backwards (so far I've only played the Ultimate Doom levels) that's even more surprising. But Brutal Doom really is that good, and it really would be fantastic to play it on Odamex, as a game this great should be on a console.

Here's a guide to getting it running on the PC;

1. Make sure you have at least one Doom .wad file (comes with Doom 1, Doom 2, or Ultimate Doom).

2. Download Brutal Doom from http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom (I use BDoomZD_BrutalCompatible_v8.7z)

3. Download GZDoom from http://www.osnanet.d...m/download.html (I use gzdoom-bin-1-8-02.zip)

4. Download ZDL (Doom Launcher) from http://zdoom.org/wiki/ZDL (I use ZDL-3.2.2.2-stable.zip)

5. Create a folder on your hard drive (say c:\games\doom) and unzip the three files from steps 2 to 4 into this hard folder). Then copy doom.wad or doom2.wad to this folder.

6. You start ZDL.exe to play Brutal Doom, so you might want to create a shortcut to ZDL.exe on your desktop. Anyway, double click to load ZDL.exe

7. In ZDL, click on settings, then click on 'Add' under the IWAD box to add your Doom .wad from the folder you created in step 5

8. Click on 'Add' under the 'Source ports/engines' box, and select gzdoom.exe

9. Click on 'Main', and click on 'Add' under the "External files" box, and select brutalv018a.pk3

That's it. Just click Launch to play the game, and of course since ZDL saves it's settings then whenever you load it up you just have to click Launch to play.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Odamex 0.6.4
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »

It is definitely a very popular mod. Unfortunately it requires features that Odamex does not support. I can't say when support will be added.

Clockface

• Archived User
Odamex 0.6.4
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 05:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hyper_Eye @ Aug 21 2013, 07:59 AM) View Post

It is definitely a very popular mod. Unfortunately it requires features that Odamex does not support. I can't say when support will be added.

That's a shame. But if you do ever add support to Odamex, then you'll no doubt make quite a few XBox users even happier than they are now!

Thanks for answering, anyway, mate.