xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Original Xbox Game Company  (Read 1803 times)

cheema201

• Archived User
Original Xbox Game Company
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »

It's great to see someone taking an initiative like this.

And as far as releasing a game that would be a basic one level platformer. I say DO IT!

If you are looking at getting into something like this you will certainly need encouragement. This is the sort of thing I believe team aftershock was going for, and they came out with some games!

At the end of the day you can't do it alone. The main thing is to get down the basics, release a short game, and a BIG tutorial on how you did it.

Because I think if you can walk people through creating a simple game and putting it on their console, then people will join your cause.

Best of luck with it!!

worldwhore3

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 03:31:00 AM »

not gonna happen...

cheema201

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »

Why the hate? Someone is looking for encouragement and you say, not gonna happen.

The chances of a person just learning programming releasing something substantial is a slim possibility. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't give it a go. You never know, everything starts out as a small idea.

I really hope you get something together, and I can tell that hcf is keen to give it a go too haha!

If other people have done it then you can! I'd start by looking at some of the stuff team aftershock did.

Good luck.

pdidd

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 06:49:00 PM »

No, this is for real.  I plan on doing this.  nothing will happen over night.  I have a full time job and go to school part time for web dev.  This is just a hobby on the side.  besides work and school I got time to spend with my wife and stuff.  

Again, this is just a hobby.And it will happen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

pdidd

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2020, 08:40:00 PM »

so here is my update.  I'm confused on how to set up bennu.  the guides are very vague, and some programs like notepad++ don't work.  I mean if i download a source of someone elses bennu proejcts it works.  But I can't just get it to work.  I can't compile a game.

Does anyone know a good guide?

hcf

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2020, 03:27:00 AM »

If (by luck) you understand Spanish, you can check this good PDF:

http://iespuigcastellar.xeill.net/departam...manualbennu.pdf

(I cannot help with Bennu, but I can help with Spanish language if needed)

If you need something in English, I guess that you have to search in Google something like Bennu Development...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Pages: 1 [2]