xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Odamex 0.5.0  (Read 3175 times)

cheema201

• Archived User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 06:19:00 AM »

haha, my god this port brings back fantastic memories of playing doom...

I know I have already said thank you, but after giving it a go I thought that another was in order.

Thank you once more

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »

Hey, anyone know if there a way to shut off the automatic weapon switch? It is kinds annoying when you are in an intense battle and your gun switches because you've stepped on one that was "better" than the current gun you were using.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Sep 15 2010, 01:40 PM) View Post

Hey, anyone know if there a way to shut off the automatic weapon switch? It is kinds annoying when you are in an intense battle and your gun switches because you've stepped on one that was "better" than the current gun you were using.

I don't believe we have any way to disable automatic weapon switching at this time. So everyone is on equal grounds as far as this goes. If you step on a weapon during a firefight it could be a mistake!

QUOTE(x0xRavenx0x @ Sep 15 2010, 07:28 PM) View Post

ok got a copy from another site, current version. FTPed it into my aps on Avalaunch. i've added my .wads from my copies of doom 2 and final doom. loaded a single player game and played for a bit.

BUT

i can not find an online game or any servers. what did i do wrong. did i miss a setting?

great work on this been playing doom on other things lately and glad i can play against other people.

When you started the game did it load straight into Doom or did you get a launcher interface? Odamex uses two xbe's. Default.xbe is the game launcher and odamex.xbe is the game itself. Default.xbe is what should be started. Odamex.xbe does not need to be directly launched unless you want to bypass the launcher for some reason.

If you did get the launcher interface what happened when you hit the button to get the master list?

x0xRavenx0x

• Archived User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hyper_Eye @ Sep 15 2010, 09:16 PM) View Post

When you started the game did it load straight into Doom or did you get a launcher interface? Odamex uses two xbe's. Default.xbe is the game launcher and odamex.xbe is the game itself. Default.xbe is what should be started. Odamex.xbe does not need to be directly launched unless you want to bypass the launcher for some reason.

If you did get the launcher interface what happened when you hit the button to get the master list?

i opened the default. there is nothing in the server list. i may poke at my network and all my settings tomorrow and see if i missed something. i played doom 1 and doom 2 offline changed game settings but can't see anything in the servers. when i hit the buton to get master list it locked up.

i played the Windows version and played several matches very nice. i hope to figure out what i've done so i can play on my xbox. i downloaded a xbox version so i don't know if something is off with it.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(dravichm @ Sep 15 2010, 10:05 PM) View Post

I'm having the same issue with the master server list, it shows that it is getting 82 (or so) servers but after it loads, the server list is blank.  I scrolled over to the IP address list, and they all show the same IP address and the port number most were 10666 for all the columns.  I assume this is the master server lists IP its not actually getting the servers.

Can you take a picture of the list scrolled to the right to show the addresses so I can see exactly what you are talking about? You may want to download it again from the usual place to make sure you have the right package because a package went out before the usual place got it that had two major bugs in it and one was related to the launcher being unable to query the server list on certain Xbox's. The other was an issue where the ENTER key was not being recognized on a plugged in keyboard so you could type into the console or into the chat line but you couldn't hit enter to insert it.

Also, I'm having another issue with the single player I tried loading Hacx & Batman Doom both of these mods require a dehacked patch which I have, these change the behavior of Doom quite a bit (Batman Doom especially) the launcher doesn't seem to be loading them or loading them properly.  An example in Batman Doom is you start with baterangs they are supposed to act like rockets and use the pistol slot but on the Xbox it fires the shotgun it's just weird.  These mods DO work on the PC version of Odemex 0.5.0, although Batman Doom needs ZBATMAN.deh for Zdoom 1.2.x which Odemex is based off of I did manage to find it and I'm using that.

Load Odamex with those wads and then pull down the console (by default the "back" button will bring down the console) and verify that the files you expect are being loaded. If you need to scroll up you can do that with the triggers.

I could try making a short cut to Odamex.xbe and see if it would take the file and deh arguments.

Update tried to make a cut file with command line arguments it just dropped back to XBMC I guess it doesn't support that.

You will not be able to pass command-line parameters from XBMC. The launch method I use is my own method. Odamex will only accept command-line parameters that are sent from the XDK debugger, my launcher, or an Agar-based application that uses the AG_Execute() method (with my launcher being the only Agar-based Xbox application in existence at this moment.) It would be easy to add support for my command-line parameter method into XBMC if someone wanted to do that. I could consider adding support for XBMC as well but my method allows for more characters in the command-line.

One last thing THANK YOU Hyper_eye this port is great.

I'm glad you are enjoying it!

dravichm

• Archived User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »

Sorry for the double post it wouldn't let me Edit

Temporary solution for the dehacked problem I was able to put the dehacked patch in the WAD as DEHACKED.lmp and it loaded it just fine.

Quick HOWTO: (using Hacx as an example)
Make a backup copy of Hacx.wad & Hacx.deh
Rename Hacx.wad to Hacxd.wad or something else.  Just make sure you have a backup.
Rename Hacx.deh to DEHACKED.lmp
Next download the WAD editor XWE (you can find it at Doomworld I think)
open XWE and then open Hacxd.wad
go to Entry and select Load select DEHACKED.lmp it should be added to the entries in the WAD
go to file then select Close so it saves the changes then close out upload to your Xbox and enjoy.
One note this should only be used for single player.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 09:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(dravichm @ Sep 16 2010, 09:32 AM) View Post

Thanks for the quick reply Hyper, here is the screen shots you asked for:

I have the xbox set on the dmz in my router so it's not open port problem.

Can you look on your Xbox in E:\TDATA\4f444c43 and see if there is an ag-odalaunch.log. If so see if there is anything in it. If there is it would be helpful to know what the errors are. Put the contents into a pastebin on pastebin.com

QUOTE(dravichm @ Sep 16 2010, 09:32 AM) View Post
As for the other problem I checked the console it is loading the deh file but it seems to be loading it as a wad file and not a dehacked patch.

Alright. I see the problem you are talking about. I will have this resolved in svn shortly and it will be fixed in the next minor release. Sorry about that.

x0xRavenx0x

• Archived User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »

ok i seem to have fixed my issue. i can now see the master server list and i tried loading one. no one is playing right now but i think it works fine.

thank you very much for your time and trouble for this port Hyper_Eye. i started playing FPSs thanks to this game back in the day and i still play it now on several systems. thanks once again. i'd love to be able to help out in some way.

alexh

• Archived User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 03:13:00 PM »

Nice work. Gotta try it.

dravichm

• Archived User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »

Hyper_eye I fixed the no servers showing issue, I had a suspicion that something was up with that IP address in that picture I took, I did a WHOIS on it and found out it belongs to OpenDNS which is what I use for my DNS server.  Looks like master1.odamex.net & master2.odamex.net is not in their cache or they might be blocking it.  I switched the xbox to the Comcast DNS & boom they all showed up.  Funny thing is the PC has no problems with this at all.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(dravichm @ Sep 16 2010, 06:08 PM) View Post

Hyper_eye I fixed the no servers showing issue, I had a suspicion that something was up with that IP address in that picture I took, I did a WHOIS on it and found out it belongs to OpenDNS which is what I use for my DNS server.  Looks like master1.odamex.net & master2.odamex.net is not in their cache or they might be blocking it.  I switched the xbox to the Comcast DNS & boom they all showed up.  Funny thing is the PC has no problems with this at all.

I'm glad you solved it. I was getting ready to start debugging with you.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »

Can you pull down the console (which is the "back" button by default) and scroll up to where the wads are loaded? Does it show it attempting to load the wads you supplied?

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

What is the path for Requiem.wad?

trrobin

• Archived User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »

I checked the console, and there was no sign of the selected wads being loaded.  Just Doom2.wad
Even selecting Plutonia.wad brings up Doom2.wad

blink.gif

piip4

• Archived User
Odamex 0.5.0
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 05:17:00 AM »

Been testing it a bit now. So far tried about 30 wads big and small and they all worked for me.
Found another player online and went through a few levels, all fine. smile.gif

However I have two questions:
1. I can't figure out how to do LAN play (is it even supported...?) I figured this multiplayer-oriented port would have something like it.
2. Is there some way to get 16bit colour?

#2 isn't important really, I'm more concerned about LAN play. Otherwise it's hard to find anything about this port to criticize. It's really damn good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4