xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Guitar Fun Port Request  (Read 334 times)

mrperson71

• Archived User
Guitar Fun Port Request
« on: August 15, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »

I recently have softmodded my Xbox and I'm having a blast with it. Honestly, I doubt I would have anything else hooked up to my TV beside my Xbox if it wasn't for 1 factor: Guitar Hero. I absolutely love the game and have played it since GH2 first came out for PS2 in 2006. I recently came across a game called Guitar Fun, which is a homebrew GH clone for PS2, PC, and Wii. Since it was open source, I instantly thought this game should be ported to the Xbox. I was thinking since many modded xbox owners have USB adapters to their Xbox, it should be possible to hook up a keyboard to the Xbox no problem to play the game like Frets on Fire. Also PS2 -> Xbox adapters aren't that hard to find and aren't that expensive, meaning that people could use PS2 Guitar controllers (Which is what I would like to do). Anyways, I don't know anything about developing for Xbox and was hoping someone could port this to Xbox.

Also before anyone mentions it, I did see the FoF thread a few posts down. I know people are asking for a port of Guitar Fun. I thought since FoF isn't likely to be ported to Xbox due to system limitations, there should be a post dedicated to Guitar Fun.

For developers looking for the Guitar Fun v3.5 source code, here it is: http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/guitarf..._3.5_source.rar

Here's a screenshot of the game (Wii Version):
(IMG:http://wiibrew.org/w/images/7/7a/Gutarfun.2.6.screenshot.jpg)

GTTeancum

• Archived User
Guitar Fun Port Request
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »

Last time I checked this out it used C++ and SDL, so it's possible.  Key configs can be set up in game, so if someone has a PS2 adapter they can use their PS2 guitars and assign buttons.  Here's hoping someone has the time to dedicate to it.

gordita37

• Archived User
Guitar Fun Port Request
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »

being able to plug in the 360 xplorer guitar would be amazing, but im sure theres some sort of driver problem

mrperson71

• Archived User
Guitar Fun Port Request
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 04:40:00 PM »

Is anybody interested in porting this? This would be amazing on Xbox. (PS2 ->Xbox/GC controller adapter FTW)