xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xmugen Error Screen Video  (Read 386 times)

r8cer

• Archived User
Xmugen Error Screen Video
« on: July 28, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »

Hey guys, I hear so much about mugen all the time. Im dying to try it out for the first time but this is the error screen I get can anyone help me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qy3wwlwbkY

Thanks in advance..

This post has been edited by r8cer: Jul 29 2009, 03:22 AM

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »

what version of  Xmugen are you using?

guybird

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 02:28:00 AM »

Shouldn't matter what version he's using.  Its one of those weird video probs some people have.  Sometimes its video cable related (component cables), other times its what partition of your xbox its loading from.  If you're using component cables, try a regular one.  If you're using regular cables, make sure support for 480p/720p/1080i is turned off in your dash.  Beyond that, don't really know what to tell you.

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »

ahh right on. I like that screenpack he's got, wish i could figure that out.
I"m getting tired of the Mugen Fighting Jam pack.

guybird

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »

That's not a screenpack.  I made a menu for XMugen out of UnleashX.  Its just a fancy way of selecting different screenpacks.

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »

oh i see. I was wondering about that, broken mugen was the first mugen i got to run and i noticed that there were a few different screenpacks to choose from.  I guess there is no way to change the game screen on Xtreme Xmugen 2.0.

r8cer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »

Ok just got off work I'll try the cables first. Just to be sure can you give me a quick run down what should be placed where?

I know a few files should be on the e:// Drive I dont know if there all there. and the rest on the f://drive?

Last night after messing around I got a screen with a Guys face in the top/left corner and a total readout of my xbox and controllers etc. does that mean Im getting close?

xRaVeNx

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »

God...it's been a while since I've been in the mugen scene, ever since I released that Xtreme Xmugen on every public torrent site, a few years back, just to spread xmugen...

Uhhh, just to let you know, you can change the screenpack, I remember strikingeuphony, walking me through it, which is how I changed the lifebars, on that particular screenpack...But, I cant remember, its really simple..just edit a few files...But, I cant remember, to be honest, xmugen isn't even on my xbox, that compilation is saved on my computer's hard drive.....But, to be honest, its simple, but then again, I was same one asking all these questions in IRC to SNKgal, Guybird, seanp2500....But, I know guybird knows how ;P

xRaVeNx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »

OK....So, I was messing around with mugen, and going to do another 'pack' this time smaller, changing the screenpack, to DC Vs. Marvel; and going to use the E:/ partiton one, because now I can't get my own pack for the F:/ loaded, but this is after I upgraded to a 500 gig hard drive, and partitioned it...so who knows...

xRaVeNx

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 07:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(r8cer @ Jul 29 2009, 10:57 PM) *

Ok just got off work I'll try the cables first. Just to be sure can you give me a quick run down what should be placed where?
I know a few files should be on the e:// Drive I dont know if there all there. and the rest on the f://drive?

Last night after messing around I got a screen with a Guys face in the top/left corner and a total readout of my xbox and controllers etc. does that mean Im getting close?

Are you using one of the drag and drop versions, I assume so, if thats the case...all the files should be on one drive...

nio107

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »

haven't see that before!!

D:

no idea what's happening there, but seems like isn't about xmugen  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)