xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Xmugen  (Read 3009 times)

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
Xmugen
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »

Still using the Linux style, but it runs like a champion and
damn near error free ( probably just some of my crap characters).
Runs smooth and very easy to use. They've got a good amount of screenpacks
to try out. Some of them fit a 550 character build very well, almost like
ExtremeXmuge 2.0 but with a much better looking background and intro and things of that nature.

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
Xmugen
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2010, 02:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nextelhalo @ May 9 2010, 01:40 AM) View Post

Still using the Linux style, but it runs like a champion and
damn near error free ( probably just some of my crap characters).
Runs smooth and very easy to use. They've got a good amount of screenpacks
to try out. Some of them fit a 550 character build very well, almost like
ExtremeXmuge 2.0 but with a much better looking background and intro and things of that nature.

I wish someone would mess with Linux a bit and get it to recognize other controllers, in particular PS1/PS2. I never liked the Xbox DPAD situation, the whole thing where its a joystick lol So I don't own a Xbox controller at the moment and all the versions of Mugen I have don't work now because of it. I gave my Xbox controllers away when I got the PSX adapter thinking I was set.

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
Xmugen
« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »

Pulsemasta: Go the site i linked and sign up on the forums and see what they can do.
These guy's know they're stuff and have been doing an outstanding job on updating
Xmugen. Give it a shot.

RedCapsMan

• Archived User
Xmugen
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »

I'm not sure if this is helpful with psx adapters but heres my situation.  I've got an arcade panel that is definitely not an official controller (its an Ipac from ultimarc.com) and I thought I was out of luck because xmugen won't recognize the analog clicks even though I can configure my panel to output that signal.  But, I've also got a USB port installed on the fourth controller port.  If I plug a usb keyboard into that and press the F1 button it gets me through into the game just fine and I can play with my joystick and buttons.

Has anyone else tried this with their setup?  You wouldn't need to install a usb port just make an adapter and use a keyboard.

guybird

• Archived User
Xmugen
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »

Wow, nice to see things are alive and kicking.  I just don't have the patience for this kinda stuff anymore;  everytime I got close to figuring out something new my xbox would have a fit and not let it run anymore.  Anyhow I'm gonna signup on the new site and check things out.

guybird

• Archived User
Xmugen
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »

Idiotsfan has taken over where BC left off (dunno whatever happened to him) and is trying to get things working.  He says getting sound support is cake, but the controller mappings with be difficult (the showstopper for bc).  If he can pull this off, we'll have an xmugen that we can reload if it craps out.  This means that if it crashes, you can ftp into xmugen, fix the problem, then reload it and test right away.  No more 5-10 mins in between.  This also means I would have the patience to dick around with it and get a good setup going too, so lets see how this turns out.

robot3

• Archived User
Xmugen
« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(guybird @ Jun 20 2010, 10:00 AM) View Post

Idiotsfan has taken over where BC left off (dunno whatever happened to him) and is trying to get things working.  He says getting sound support is cake, but the controller mappings with be difficult (the showstopper for bc).  If he can pull this off, we'll have an xmugen that we can reload if it craps out.  This means that if it crashes, you can ftp into xmugen, fix the problem, then reload it and test right away.  No more 5-10 mins in between.  This also means I would have the patience to dick around with it and get a good setup going too, so lets see how this turns out.

looking forward to any progress with this. If the day comes where it is fully reverse engineered and then can be adapted to whatever, it would be great to add a 1 player vs who you pick to fight mode, which has always surprised me about Mugen in general (in that the mode does not exist)

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
Xmugen
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(guybird @ Jun 20 2010, 04:00 AM) View Post

Man that would be badass. That would make this a ton easier to do. How would it work as far as the files go?
Would it be just a modded version of what's in the XMugen folder or something different all together?

oxxmudxxo

• Archived User
Xmugen
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »

Glade to see people keeping Xmugen alive!

I have 2 question...?

I have Mortal Kombat Anthology "Xmugen" that runs off of E:/ what do I need to change to get it to run on the F:/ partition?
I think its running off R1Skys Xmugen setup so it doesn't use the Gentoox loader it has more of a dos boot up screen.

Also I have another Xmugen that is supposed to run off F:/ but when I boot it up I get the dos screen like MK Anthology only it has a cant find Swap File error..?
I have tried R1Skys 1GB and 2GB swap file and always get the same error..
Is there something I need to fix in the lynx cfg file?

Thanks guys, Xmugen rules!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]