xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Marathon Port  (Read 1403 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »

Just gotta say this conversation is awesome guys.

sirlemonhead

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »

Probably is, yeah

Wouldn't hurt to investigate the makefiles for the other compilers - see if you can find the list of files you need in the project, and the preprocessor definitions.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »

ya Im looking though most of em now, but I think I should do what I did before, put all the header and .cpp files in one folder so they can all find each other, then link to each library. What Im debating on is whether to use the latest version of SDL or use the library that came in the tarball.

sirlemonhead

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »

set the project up exactly as it would compile using MinGW or whatever the method for compiling Aleph One on windows is.

That's the best thing to do.

Carcharius

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2009, 03:45:00 AM »

Out of curiosity, I just checked out the SVN trunk of the Marathon project from sourceforge.

It does include a .vcproj file for building in windows.

Having a look in there (using notepad or similar) you'll be able to see what preprocessor defines are setup as well as which files are included.

With a few tweaks you can even copy and paste the files section from the windows project file into an xbox one. Doing that would be a good way to start.

When copying over the preprocessor definitions - remember not to copy the SDL_HAVEOPENGL one (or something similar).

Carcharius

ricster

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 04:46:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

I've been waiting for a Marathon port for ages, having played Halo's  1 and 2 too many times to count. So consider this a cheering on of support AKA positive energy dude!

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »

How's it coming along red ring?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

XT-

grimdoomer

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2020, 04:40:00 PM »

If you need some help let me know. I've been working on a dashboard as a side project and have gotten pretty good and use to the Xbox APIs and what not. Along with my expirience working with game files and especially halo files I might be useful in porting this.

Carcharius

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2009, 02:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Carcharius @ May 20 2009, 08:59 PM) *

Wouldn't you know - I've stumbled across an old backup of a load of stuff that I thought I'd lost. Including a copy of the work in progress port that I did a few years back.

As far as I can remember I had it up and running on the xbox although it would crash at a certain point that I never got to the bottom of.

I've even found a couple of screenshots of the title screen running on the xbox.

If anyone is interested - drop me a pm with an email address and I'll send over the project files. They're built against a version of the alephone source dated 17-04-2004.
Carch
PS - before anyone asks....no the backup that I've found does not include a copy of Quake 3 Arena.

This offer is still open if anyone is interested.

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »

here's hoping to this project not going by the wayside, if i knew more about this stuff i would love to give it a try. XT-

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »

I'm not dead just been working for my Uncle for the summer and just got back. Made a load of cash and I reformatted my computer. Kind of debating on whether or not to get back to this seeing as grim seems to have it down. I also took a programming course with actual people as well.

This post has been edited by red_ring_of_box: Jul 16 2009, 03:06 PM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2009, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Carcharius @ Jun 28 2009, 03:05 AM) *

This offer is still open if anyone is interested.

Wasn't your stuff like the holy grail for some people around here?  Where's the love?

If you'll send it to me in PM I'll make sure it's availabe for anyone who's looking for it in the future.

Regards,
~Rx

Carcharius

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »

To those people that have pm'd to take me up on the offer - apologies for not sending it yet, I just haven't had the chance. Personal issues and all that.

I will get it over to you soon though - promise.

Carch
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]