xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Marathon Port  (Read 1402 times)

Carcharius

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »

You shouldn't need Boost in order to build AlephOne for the xbox.

I ported AlephOne a couple of years back (not long after I released Quake 3: Arena) and got as far as having it running on the xbox.

I did make a post on here about it with a couple of screenshots but I can't find that now.

It didn't take very long at all to get the port to a running state. I don't think I ever got it playable though there was a strange crash which kept happening that I had problems debugging.

In the end I got bored and/or sidetracked and ended up leaving the project. Sadly I don't think I have the source anymore.

So it is possible to get AlephOne running and with some perseverance you should be able to get it playable.

The other thing I can't remember without looking at the source is if AlephOne has a software renderer or if it was just OpenGL and I had to use the OpenGL lib that I used for Quake 3.

Good luck

Carch

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »

no it has open GL support I saw the .cpp files...

Anyway, I just hit a major stumbling block thought, it seems I don't have dialogs_sdl.h not even in the sdl library that comes with the latest Aleph One source code so now I'lmm pretty confused with a few things like the MacTypes.h that is for Mac systems yet had it as an include header file so right now I've got a nice headache trying to use different definitions in the preproccessor settings all that seem to effect different header files and source files. So I think I may need to get the latest SDL library then.

This post has been edited by red_ring_of_box: Dec 18 2008, 11:31 PM

sirlemonhead

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »

Can you put your visual studio project files online somewhere? I'd be willing to help if I could just compile quickly and see whats wrong.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »

lol hey man I was actually just comming back on here to say that I fixed all the compile errors in the project but I am now getting a lot of Linking errors now so I have to sort through those as well, but ya man I was going to now upload the entire project and stuff. Just give me like an hour to sort through everything.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

great to hear from you rrob and thats cool of sirlemonhead to offer some help if needed. Sounds like this is coming along quite nicely. Looks like a couple of great ported games are on the way here with avp and marathan. The hits just keep coming.

Keep up the great work guys. I keep an eye out on this thread once or twice a day.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

XT-

This post has been edited by XTecuterX73: Dec 19 2008, 05:14 AM

neil222

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »

Yeah guys, awesome stuff. Xbox is still rocking on....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Maturion

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

Did you finally get it to compile?

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 02:12:00 PM »

Hope to hear from you soon red ring and do keep up the good work!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

XT-

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Maturion @ Dec 29 2008, 01:57 PM) *

Did you finally get it to compile?

no I was missing a bunch of libraries I found a tutorial on how to compile it in Visual C++ 6.0 here

http://source.bungie.org/May%2029,%202006/...lcplusplus.html

so now that I've found that Im gonna try it later on I wont really be able to give any feed back because Im leaving on Vacation sunday.

This post has been edited by red_ring_of_box: Dec 31 2008, 05:42 PM

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »

Thanks for the update red ring, no rush man, I can only thank you for your hard work and can only say thanks for the updates on this project. You'll do it when you are ready and thats understandable. Thanks for letting us know and have a great vacation.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

XT-

sirlemonhead

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »

Visual Studio 6.0 is evil, don't use it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I almost got it to compile on 2005 before christmas. Haven;'t had a chance to look back at it yet.

did you get a source repository set up yet?

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »

I've got a repository set up I just need to upload the project. This will be the project where I'm getting all the linking errors, seeing as this one is the closest I've come to making a successful build.

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »

sounds like things are moving nicely, red ring. I can only thank you for your continued efforts and im sure it will come together soon for you. Ive got this thread on watch, lmao, i really cant wait to see this on xbox. Heres to hoping you get it.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

XT-

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »

sorry for not posting here in like ever I've been on a 2 week vacation and have just gotten home. I thought I would be able to get onto the internet from where I was staying but I couldn't without paying so much a minute so my parents wouldn't let me. Anyway I just got home and will start coding again soon sorry for all who thought I abandoned this. I haven't I just have been out of reach of any of my stuff for the last week (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif) oh well its nice to be back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »

no worries man, its good to hear from you!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)  Just got back into town myself tonight.

XT-
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4