xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Marathon Port  (Read 1400 times)

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(red_ring_of_box @ Dec 8 2008, 03:57 PM) *

oh thanks sirlemonhead and friends good to know I have some support of this, also I found out that the version of source code I had wasn't the latest. I actually knew this but could not find the latest update until now. I actually laughed when I did find it, it was on the sourceforge download page for the latest version it was under neath all the other links in wicked small text for a source code link, but ya know I can work with the latest source code now  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This is awesome.  Just plain awesome.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »

hey all I did my first build and I removed osunix.c from the build as that seemed to stop it at only 7 errors as well as some lines of code from xmlparse.c called makemove or something like that that checked for a function and if it wasn't their to stop the build completely as well, and after that it compiled the same way and wit around 7000 errors so I thought Id upload the build log for you guys(I only removed the parts with my directory in them but if you need it with my actual directory then PM me. Also I noticed that the errors end it a certain pattern at times so I probably need to do some fixing in the header files as well.

Build Log(let me know if the link is dead)

http://rapidshare.com/files/172740936/Alpe...gdebug.rtf.html

This post has been edited by red_ring_of_box: Dec 12 2008, 06:31 PM

sirlemonhead

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »

I only had a quick glance but I think you need to define SDL somewhere.

Add it to the Preprocessor definitions in the project settings menu under C++->Preprocessor

grimdoomer

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »

Red Ring, it seems like you are trying to port the whole thing at once? I would recommend porting little by little, say a file at a time.  Also, have you been recoding marathon to use directx if it doesnt already? If not then it will stop you dead in your tracks.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 09:05:00 PM »

no it doesn't use Directx it uses SDL which from what Im told works with the xbox unless I'm wrong. And good advice with porting one file at a time grimdoomer I hadn't thought of that  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

and sirelemonhead I think I included in preferences the include directory for SDL and I didnt get anymore errors for needed or missing files, or from what I could see by using the Find function to look for those kinds of errors in the build log.

sirlemonhead

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »

If you look in cstypes.h you'll see this:

// Integer types with specific bit size
#if defined(mac)
#if defined(EXPLICIT_CARBON_HEADER)
    #include <Carbon/Carbon.h>
#endif

typedef SInt8 int8;
typedef UInt8 uint8;
typedef SInt16 int16;
typedef UInt16 uint16;
typedef SInt32 int32;
typedef UInt32 uint32;
typedef uint32 TimeType;

#elif defined(__BEOS__)

#include <support/SupportDefs.h>
typedef time_t TimeType;

#elif defined(SDL)

#include <SDL_types.h>
#include <time.h>   // for time_t
typedef Uint8 uint8;
typedef Sint8 int8;
typedef Uint16 uint16;
typedef Sint16 int16;
typedef Uint32 uint32;
typedef Sint32 int32;
typedef time_t TimeType;

#endif

you're getting a lot of compiler errors because those types aren't defined. So you need to define SDL in the project settings..

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »

lol funny I was looking in those files too but I couldn't understand what it was you meant by defining, sorry man looks like I screwed up on that one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I'll be sure to make sure now that SDL is defined and comeback here with the results.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 11:50:00 PM »

okay I did that and I managed to compile my first .cpp header file with only 30 errors, it seems that one of the macros being used in the header files is unsupported right now called __VA_ARGS__ which hives me the error: error C2065: '__VA_ARGS__' : undeclared identifier I did some searching for this problem and it seems to have gotten to a few other people as well so just thought I'd post this last bit for the day, I wouldn't expect any more post unless its a reply or a breakthrough, c ya.

sirlemonhead

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »

Yeah that macro was only added with Visual Studio 2005 it seems.

open up Logging_gruntwork.h and change

#if 0
// Straight main-thread logging convenience macros

to

#if 1
// Straight main-thread logging convenience macros

see if the errors go away. Otherwise, you'll need to find all reference to logFatal, logError, logWarning etc and replace with a different name

ie, if the function call is

logFatal("Can't open font resource file");

you should be able to change that to

logFatal1("Can't open font resource file");

I think (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »

I changed the #if 0 to #if 1 and I got a successful build, I don't think doing the last part of what you said would have worked, because logError1 was already defined, it was weird though that logError had 2 unchanged definitions 1 was

#define logError(message)   (GetCurrentLogger()->logMessage(logDomain, logErrorLevel, __FILE__, __LINE__, (message)))

and then after that an #else statement then

#define logError(...)    (GetCurrentLogger()->logMessage(logDomain, logErrorLevel, __FILE__, __LINE__, __VA_ARGS__))

so for some reason it was using the logError(...) instead of the logError(message) but I think I managed to fix it using your first suggestion sirlemonhead thanks man you've been a huge help with this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

XTecuterX73

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 10:04:00 PM »

thats awesome red ring and sirlemonhead, great work on both counts for you guys. Gonna be cool when you get a playable build going. Marathan on the xbox is gonna rock! Please keep up the great work and it's very appreciated!!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

XT-

EDX

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »

It's great to see you're making some headway with getting marathon on the Xbox! Keep up the great work!

volzzilla

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »

I second EDX's and XTecuterX73's comments, keep up the great work and very excited for the possiblity of Marathon on XBox.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »

not much of an update but it turns out I need the boost library to compile AlephOne as well, it stopped me at Console.cpp but I got the library so now I'm all set and have been getting successful compiles but a few warnings about "unpredictable behavior may result" if I run the program. Regardless it still compiled and I'm just posting this to say that if you are trying to compile the boost library as well and are running windows there are prebuilt binaries for you already out there.

Link to boost lib for windows:

http://www.boostpro.com/products/free

select the latest dl(I'm using 1.36.0) and dl it then when the installer pops up select the Visual Studio.NET 2003 package or VS 7.1 whatever shows and pick for variants Multithread Debug, static runtime and that should be all you need so far(I haven't compiled anything else except for console.cpp yet) if you want there is a tut I followed

http://beans.seartipy.com/2007/08/20/insta...o-net-20032005/

If that will be easier for you on the eyes.

And for the include directory include:

X:\Program Files\boost\boost_X_XX_X

where the first X is your drive letter AND where the last 4 X's at the end are your version.

It may be a good idea to include in your library:

X:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_36_0\lib

where X is your drive letter.

And as always I'm not responsible if you mess up just trying to help.

Okay back to work for me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/comp.gif)

This post has been edited by red_ring_of_box: Dec 17 2008, 05:25 AM

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
Marathon Port
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »

This is great!  I've been waiting for a Marathon port for ages (if only I knew how to program...) - Hmmm... now to dig out my old Marathon 2 Windows disk...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4