xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wargus Port - Any News  (Read 305 times)

Scoobysnaxx

• Archived User
Wargus Port - Any News
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »

WARGUS

Wargus is a Warcraft2 Mod that allows you to play Warcraft2 with the Stratagus engine, as opposed to play it with the original Warcraft2 one

It allows you to play Warcraft2 under GNU/Linux and other operating systems not supported by the original Warcraft2 engine, secondly it allows you to play over the internet, which the original Warcraft2 engine didn't allow you to. Last not least the Stratagus engine allows you to tweak numerous parameters so you can play around with different unit strength and such.

I think A600 was attempting this port a while back. (I can't find the orginal thread). I beleive there was crashing problems that he was trying to sort out.  I am wondering if he ever made any progress / or if anyone else has ever looked into it.

It bet it would be a wonderful addtion to the xbox.

Thank You

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Wargus Port - Any News
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »

A600 has said that he plans to release about 20 games all at once, but only when they're all good and ready to go.

My guess is this will be one of them, so you'll just have to be patient. If A600 sees this he might be willing to give an update for you.

Scoobysnaxx

• Archived User
Wargus Port - Any News
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »

Guilty as charged  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

That was some pretty badly concealed fishing. On one hand you want to ask questions / on the other hand you don't want to smother the guy. (Can't blame a guy for being excited though)

My apologies!

Off to go wrestle with WC2 & dosxbox!