xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Question For A600  (Read 329 times)

Clockface

• Archived User
A Question For A600
« on: January 05, 2007, 06:01:00 AM »

When you update your Shadow Warrior port, would it be possible for you to assign a button that simulates selecting the current weapon (i.e, if you have weapon 3, then pressing it would again select weapon 3)? This is needed as some weapons in Shadow Warrior have switchable modes, that are (de)activated by pressing their weapon select key again. Clicking the Right Thumb Stick would be good, as I don't think anyone ever uses the Centre View function (well, I never have).

I don't think Duke Nukem has selectable weapon modes, though I could be wrong. If so, then please could you add this Right Thumb Stick feature to XDuke too?

And do you have any idea when you'll be releasing the first of your new ports for us to try? With no commercial games ever likely to surface for the XBox again, it's up to you and the other homebrew authors to feed our XBoxes  happy.gif

Thanks.

VampX

• Archived User
A Question For A600
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Clockface @ Jan 5 2007, 02:08 PM) *

I don't think Duke Nukem has selectable weapon modes, though I could be wrong.

I believe Duke3D Atomic uses selectable weapon mode with the Shrink/Expand weapons.
but its been a very long time since i last played Duke, i could be wrong.

A600

• Archived User
A Question For A600
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Clockface @ Jan 5 2007, 02:08 PM) *

When you update your Shadow Warrior port, would it be possible for you to assign a button that simulates selecting the current weapon (i.e, if you have weapon 3, then pressing it would again select weapon 3)? This is needed as some weapons in Shadow Warrior have switchable modes, that are (de)activated by pressing their weapon select key again. Clicking the Right Thumb Stick would be good, as I don't think anyone ever uses the Centre View function (well, I never have).

Almost all ports I want to release will have virtual keyboard so no problem there wink.gif

And do you have any idea when you'll be releasing the first of your new ports for us to try? With no commercial games ever likely to surface for the XBox again, it's up to you and the other homebrew authors to feed our XBoxes  happy.gif

I'll release them all at once but don't know when.

edit: you can assign a weapon key to the center view button:

Edit the file sw.cfg and change the line

JoystickButton11 = "Center_View"

to

JoystickButton11 = "Weapon_3"

This post has been edited by A600: Jan 5 2007, 06:01 PM

mike315

• Archived User
A Question For A600
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(A600 @ Jan 5 2007, 11:56 AM) *

Almost all ports I want to release will have virtual keyboard so no problem there wink.gif

Depending on how many you release, you just may deserve your own forum. Cuz you are bound to generate a ton of excitement hehe...not that its up to me or anything.

Im starstruck though lol  love.gif

Clockface

• Archived User
A Question For A600
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(A600 @ Jan 5 2007, 06:56 PM) *

Tomorrow is good for me  biggrin.gif

(Can't blame me for trying!).

I'm not sure about you wanting to release them all at once, as I would have thought that if you released each one as it was finished then we could bug hunt that one whilst you worked on the next release. Still, you're the one doing the all of hard work, so we might let you choose when to deliver  wink.gif

edit: you can assign a weapon key to the center view button:

Edit the file sw.cfg and change the line

JoystickButton11 = "Center_View"

to

JoystickButton11 = "Weapon_3"

But that will only work for Weapon 3, not Weapon 4, for example (weapon 3 is the (double) machine gun, and weapon 4 is the single/triple firing gun (or vice versa)), so it's only a partial solution. Please consider adding the "simulates selecting the already selected weapon" function.

You mentioned Marathon - is that the trilogy of games running on the XBox, or just one of them?

Thanks for answering.

mike315

• Archived User
A Question For A600
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Clockface @ Jan 5 2007, 01:14 PM) *

You mentioned Marathon - is that the trilogy of games running on the XBox, or just one of them?

Here's to hoping its the Aleph One port. It likely is since its sdl...

I believe Aleph One can do all 3...

biner

• Archived User
A Question For A600
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

WOW
i thought this forum was all but dead
thanks man
youre a badass