xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Openborx Mods  (Read 281 times)

BonusJz

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »

Hello
Im makeing 5 mods special optimised for Xbox

Dungeons&Dragons

http://www.borgeneration.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=441

Metal slug, Vampire, Violentstorm ,Joe&Mac

http://www.borgeneration.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=443

and upgrade of openborx is needed so please suport

VampX

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

Those mods are looking awesome man, would be sweet if we could get an updated xbox port so you could use all the neat stuff they added in later openbor builds.

i'm especially looking forward to your metal slug mod.
(ever heard of the hidden turtle boss from metal slug 5? you should try to add that into your mod)

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.p...ght=turtle+boss

Perhaps you should try to remake Metal Slug 5 as it was meant?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
(unused POW, add back the evil shaman boss, and add the turtle boss)

And that spider slug in the sewers in slug5? pff that used to be a boss, but they scrapped it and made it a quick onetime ridable slug.

BonusJz

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

I want beware filing of second world war(also story related and i think best part of series Metal slug 1)
so no turtle boss,shamman and aliens - sorry (but i have riped prisioners from GBA so they looks like prisioner from eu

But update is more than needed (example so far a cant use duck command to make character crounch
simple be press down . I baypass this with command attack down (2 times down - same with Vampire and Joe&Mac)   simple becos i love playing them on Xbox. You can useto that bat fuck be much beter with
duck command.  

SlyBeast

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »

I am eagerly anticipating an updated Xbox port of OpenBOR.  I am an active member of the BOR community and have petitioned those with the knowledge of doing such things many times, but there doesn't really seem to be a large interest.  I also heard that Xport isn't interested in doing an updated port because he knows that members of the BOR scene are capable of doing it themselves.  The future of BOR/OpenBOR in general looks bleak...

VampX

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(SlyBeast @ Nov 9 2006, 04:30 PM) *

The future of BOR/OpenBOR in general looks bleak...

Patience young grasshopper, the future is looking good.

SlyBeast

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(VampX @ Nov 10 2006, 04:21 PM) *

Patience young grasshopper, the future is looking good.

Well, I'm a long-time member of the BOR scene and it used to be a whole lot more active than it is now.  I was more or less expressing concern for the entire scene, not just the Xbox port.  I'd love it if the scene had the fan base of say, MUGEN.

VampX

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(SlyBeast @ Nov 12 2006, 12:50 AM) *

I was more or less expressing concern for the entire scene

Aah okay, but yeah you're right..
I dont understand why the 2D brawler scene is so quiet, i mean most of us grew up with brawlers..
be it streets of rage or final fight or even the earlier double dragon's.
I would have thought tons of people would be participating, but everybody seems preoccupied with the latest Doom/HalfLife/Halo clones.

Maybe we're just a dying breed of oldskool fans..  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

robot2

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

I still think their is a huge community for it. Most people now are not just content with doing "sprite rip modes". A lot seem to be making ones that really stand out and taking an ungodly amount of time in doing them (which is understandable). I also  think many will be finishing them up around the same time and you will then see a nice resurgence once the ball gets rolling again.

This post has been edited by robot2: Nov 12 2006, 04:36 PM

Grudge

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »

wow, i feel ahamed of myself for never looking into this before.... ever since the days of the dreamcast i somehow got this idea that beats of rage was some sort of ddr clone, so i never gave it a chance til i saw this thread.... now i wanna see a new update myself

Nemo1985X

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

I'm done with BOR, instead, I want AOTB (Age of the Beast) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by Nemo1985X: Nov 13 2006, 01:47 AM

BonusJz

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

I make few trailers for my upcoming games :

Metal Slug , Vampire

Also good news is that Openbor update is very close  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)  - thanks goes to SamuraiX

bdizzle3481

• Archived User
New Openborx Mods
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 03:37:00 PM »

Can't wait for the update, all of the new mods look sweet and I can't get BOR to work on PC