xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Beats Of Rage  (Read 1372 times)

SlyBeast

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 06:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(robot2 @ Dec 17 2006, 09:28 PM) *

well the bad news is battle toads crahses, but at least the actual title and main intros play--WOOO

Nothing works right now except the original Beats of Rage.  Any other mod you try will crash.

robot2

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(SlyBeast @ Dec 18 2006, 02:14 PM) *

Nothing works right now except the original Beats of Rage.  Any other mod you try will crash.

Sorry Slybeast but that is not true at all. I have been playing a ton of games on it. What I did notice is that I made a folder on my xbox drive called BOR. I dumped in the files and went to launch it. What happened is that it went right back to the xbox dash. I took a look and noticed that this new bor update HAS TO HAVE A specific folder name.  In fact after clicking the default.xbe file, it makes the folder for you wherever you have it stored (in my case e:/games). The folder it creates is called "OpenBor". I then just transferred over the files from one folder to the other. ALSO MAKE SURE you have the original untouched BOR.PAK game in the pak folder for any mods to work, but again this update and playing mods does work

This post has been edited by robot2: Dec 19 2006, 03:55 AM

SlyBeast

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(robot2 @ Dec 18 2006, 09:22 PM) *

Sorry Slybeast but that is not true at all. I have been playing a ton of games on it. What I did notice is that I made a folder on my xbox drive called BOR. I dumped in the files and went to launch it. What happened is that it went right back to the xbox dash. I took a look and noticed that this new bor update HAS TO HAVE A specific folder name.  In fact after clicking the default.xbe file, it makes the folder for you wherever you have it stored (in my case e:/games). The folder it creates is called "OpenBor". I then just transferred over the files from one folder to the other. ALSO MAKE SURE you have the original untouched BOR.PAK game in the pak folder for any mods to work, but again this update and playing mods does work

Let me clear this up...

Any other mod besides the original Beats of Rage will crash at some point, probably not long after the player select screen.  So yes, other mods do work, but are unable to be completed due to crashing.

All clear?

robot2

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 07:05:00 AM »

well I hate to really be the thorn in your side, but I have been playing some mods quite a bit past the character selection screen without an issue. I was also reading yours and other follow ups on the BORgen boards.
Maybe their is a 128 color pallet bug, but saying ALL MODS do not work/cannot be completed is stretching it a bit.
Either way its a start and Im sure the issue is something that can be ironed out in future versions

This post has been edited by robot2: Dec 19 2006, 03:17 PM

SlyBeast

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006, 06:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(robot2 @ Dec 19 2006, 09:12 AM) *

well I hate to really be the thorn in your side, but I have been playing some mods quite a bit past the character selection screen without an issue. I was also reading yours and other follow ups on the BORgen boards.
Maybe their is a 128 color pallet bug, but saying ALL MODS do not work/cannot be completed is stretching it a bit.
Either way its a start and Im sure the issue is something that can be ironed out in future versions

No, no thorn at all.  If you've got something working, post which mods you tried and were able to play through to the end, and also how you have them set up on your Xbox so I can forward your results to the appropriate person.

Thanks.

Nemo1985X

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »

For anyone that (cares & still) has access to a SEGA Dreamcast, umm, just launched "The Beat Down" (beat 'em up collection) that has 6 good BOR mods plus others content on a single disk!

It's at ® U'*** Gamer! and also, some big torrent place.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Edit: I, as well, have gotten, a multitude of different mods to work on the XBOX...

This post has been edited by Nemo1985X: Dec 20 2006, 09:48 PM

robot2

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(SlyBeast @ Dec 20 2006, 02:12 PM) *

No, no thorn at all.  If you've got something working, post which mods you tried and were able to play through to the end, and also how you have them set up on your Xbox so I can forward your results to the appropriate person.

Thanks.

Hey Slybeast,
  I was able to perfectly play though crisis evil part 1 (completed version not demo) without any issues at all. I have the games at their default setting. The only time I really change any options is if their is a screen size issue.
 To be honest I have mostly been trying out various demos and full games playing some for quite a bit without any problems at all. Crisis evil was the only full game I did go through and again no issues. I hope this may help with future versions/ironing out the bugs in some way--
  My xbox layout in case you need the info is as follows:
soft mod via splinter cell exploit, unleash X dash

This post has been edited by robot2: Dec 21 2006, 02:42 AM

Nemo1985X

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

Here is a list of mods I got to work.. *Yes, a friend (Lan-Di) and I played them all the way thru!

01.) Alien vs. Predator - demo
02.) Beats of Rage
03.) Beats of Rage Extra
04.) Beats of Rage Remix
05.) Crisis Evil 2
06.) Double Dragon Advance
07.) Double Dragon Extreme
08.) Dragons of Rage
09.) Final Fight Apocalypse
10.) Final Fight the Last Round
11.) Hyper Final Fight
12.) Hyper Final Fight 2
13.) Mega Man Xtreme Legends 2
14.) Rage of the Streets
15.) Road Rash Revolution
16.) Rhythm of Destruction: Blue Edition
17.) Rhythm of Destruction: Green Edition
18.) Rhythm of Destruction: Red Edition
19.) Rhythm of Destruction: Street Fighter Edition
20.) Strider X
21.) X-Men ...........................................................: incomplete game!

I can re-release this pack *again* in the SKY if anyone needs these! wink.gif

xcroto

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nemo1985X @ Dec 21 2006, 02:43 AM) *

Here is a list of mods I got to work.. *Yes, a friend (Lan-Di) and I played them all the way thru!

01.) Alien vs. Predator - demo
02.) Beats of Rage
03.) Beats of Rage Extra
04.) Beats of Rage Remix
05.) Crisis Evil 2
06.) Double Dragon Advance
07.) Double Dragon Extreme
08.) Dragons of Rage
09.) Final Fight Apocalypse
10.) Final Fight the Last Round
11.) Hyper Final Fight
12.) Hyper Final Fight 2
13.) Mega Man Xtreme Legends 2
14.) Rage of the Streets
15.) Road Rash Revolution
16.) Rhythm of Destruction: Blue Edition
17.) Rhythm of Destruction: Green Edition
18.) Rhythm of Destruction: Red Edition
19.) Rhythm of Destruction: Street Fighter Edition
20.) Strider X
21.) X-Men ...........................................................: incomplete game!

I can re-release this pack *again* in the SKY if anyone needs these! wink.gif

Please!!!  rolleyes.gif
Ill be waiting there!!!

Thanks in advance!!! biggrin.gif

SlyBeast

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 06:24:00 AM »

That's interesting.  Hyper Final Fight 2 crashes for me almost immediately after the select screen, and you played it through to the end?  You're using the recently release OpenBOR 2.0052 by SamuraiX, right?

Please join the forums over at BOR Generation and post these findings under the appropriate topic.

This post has been edited by SlyBeast: Dec 21 2006, 02:33 PM

robot2

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

Slybeast,
     what forum on the BORGEN would you want the findings posted? Under the general xbox forum or the one listing this new beta release with the 128 collor pallet bug?

I too had hyper final fight 2 crash shortly after game play begun, perhaps Nemo1985x is not using the latest non xport version?

This post has been edited by robot2: Dec 21 2006, 05:43 PM

Nemo1985X

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »

Nope, I'm not using the lastest update to BOR  
never realized that there was a actual update to OpenBOR on the xbox! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) :lol

But, based on my assumptions from the posts above me, I can already tell that, the update needs alot more work done to it..

I'll help any way I can! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by Nemo1985X: Dec 21 2006, 06:52 PM

SlyBeast

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2006, 06:08:00 AM »

@robot2:  Post under the topic, "Dev Builds".

Thanks for your support of the BOR scene, guys.

This post has been edited by SlyBeast: Dec 22 2006, 02:09 PM

SumolX

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »

Well I have sent the source to nes6502.  Though I haven't heard from him in over a week... I do believe he is working on the crash issue as I don't own a modded xbox to test on and debug the issue with a linker.  So, I would imagine he is progressing as he would have the ideal setup for debugging.  So... who knows... perhaps you guys will get a build soon enough.....

As for SlyBeast..... I wish there were more devs working with me.... as when I decided to start working on the engine full time there were 3~4 devs along side.  Now its only me handling 4 different platforms with a crap load of inhereted bugs!  But I am only one man and my schedual hasn't slowed down either so.... don't quit on my just yet.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by SumolX: Jan 10 2007, 09:30 PM

SlyBeast

• Archived User
Beats Of Rage
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »

@SumolX: SamuraiX I presume?  Good to hear from you.  I understand and am aware of your predicament.  I wish that there were more folks interested in the growth of the BOR scene, developers and modders alike.  It just doesn't get the attention it used to.  We haven't given up on you, and as always, I am here to help you and/or nes6502 in any way I can.  You have my contact info.

Take care.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6