xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is There Anyway To Uninvert Quakex  (Read 215 times)

SnoopKatt

• Archived User
Is There Anyway To Uninvert Quakex
« on: September 23, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »

I really like QuakeX and all, but I can't find a way to uninvert the Y-Axis on the right thumbstick. Is there any way I could do this? Thanks for any help.

SnoopKatt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »

Nevermind, I just figured it out. I suppose you mods can go ahead and lock this thread.

Clockface

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 03:03:00 AM »

When you ask a question in a topic, and then work the answer out for yourself, you should always post the answer up, in case anyone else has the problem and searches the forum and finds your thread.

Please post the solution.

SnoopKatt

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

Ok, anyway, get the custom.cfg file for QuakeX. Open it with notepad, and look for the line:
CODE
xbox_invert_look "1"

Change the "1" to a "0" and there you go. Uninverted Y-Axis on the right thumbstick for QuakeX.

I was also able to do it with the regular config.cfg by searching for and deleting the line that contained "invert".

This post has been edited by SnoopKatt: Sep 24 2006, 06:21 PM

Clockface

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

Thanks mate.

SnoopKatt

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

No problem, hope it helps anyone who needs it.

Nuroravage

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

i wish  the source had not been lost to v1.01

a couple more tweaks and it would have been awesome

still waiting on an internal map loader just like that mod menu  i got like 2 dvds of classic mods and levels courtesy of ftp.cdrom.com

Quake 1 needs a direct sequel already doom3/hl2 engine

ill stop before i start ranting

KaioShin

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »

Its getting to be winter time and since I dont have a garage I cant spend my time working on my cars or doing other such things like I have been doing all summer. I got my laptop back up and running as well so I can take it with me to my girlfriend's on weekends to dev a bit when she's busy with college or work.

I still have a couple copys of the source code around. I dont have access to them at the momment though. (its 50+ miles away) I sent them to someone on the forum once but they never got back to me saying they compiled them let alone actually did anything with them.

But yeah,
I got the Quake 1.00 source.
I got what I'm calling the 1.00b source... which is basicly the 1.00 source with network support and a few other minor updates. Its what Lantus sent me that I then added my (somewhat buggy) updates.
I got the Quake 1.01 source pretty much as it was released. (think it has a few extra features that are disabled by default)

and I have source with a few additional minor updates that I was working on last spring. (like adding support for the black and white buttons)

If someone wants to tell me how... I'll send those three sources to xbins for all to have. Well... the two that arent already there. Almost a year ago now there was talk of setting up a sourceforge account for the QuakeX source as well. But I dont know what is involved in that.