xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wolf3d Ported, With The Openxdk  (Read 583 times)

downlowfunk

• Archived User
Wolf3d Ported, With The Openxdk
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 10:05:00 AM »

Me too...

Im in awe just like everyone else   an XBE hosted on Xbox-scene.com and its legal.     and what better game than arguably the first FPS game ever.   Revolutionary video game, revloutionary release, good job man.  Also one of the most successful shareware titles ever made.  and its legal shareware on the xbox.    pop.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif   AWESOME!!!!

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Jul 21 2006, 06:21 AM) View Post

yes definitely change those controls...please use the same controls that every Homebrew uses and please support for the retail pack.

I'm guessing you mean thumbsticks.. I'll try in a bit but I have more important stuff to do than that - another port and a release of OpenDash, before I want to touch Wolf3D again.

To everyone else, thanks for the support smile.gif.

Tom

Harteex

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

That's very cool

Now I just wish the OpenXDK would get c++ support
Hopefully this release will give OpenXDK a little more attention..

This post has been edited by Harteex: Jul 21 2006, 08:31 PM

badduck2

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »

??? maybe i'm doing something wrong here but...

....i don't see what it could be.  i copied everything over to my sexbox, xbmc found the .xbe and i run it and it appears to run fine----but i have no controls.  at all.  i can't even use my xecuter's built-in IGR function.  all it does is run through the title, credits, demo, over and over.  tried booting it off a disc with the same result.

what the hell went wrong on me?

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

What version xbox do you have? and what bios?

IGR won't work because we're not using the XDK USB layer.. and I think I'm only looking for input on controller port 1, although I might be mistake on that, I don't know.

To be honest there's a possibility that on some xboxes, input handling won't work at all.. it works on all the OpenXDK dev's boxes but that doesn't mean it works everywhere.  If more people report this happening we will try to resolve it by releasing some test applications and getting people to run them and submit their findings.

Cheers,
Tom

friedgold

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Harteex @ Jul 21 2006, 08:02 PM) *

That's very cool

Now I just wish the OpenXDK would get c++ support
Hopefully this release will give OpenXDK a little more attention..

If you grab OpenXDK from CVS it does support C++ partially. You can use new / delete, classes and inheritance. There's no C++ libs (STL / iostream) but you can call functions from the standard C library instead. d0wnlab and me are currently working on a dashboard (OpenDash) which uses OpenXDK and is written in C++.

QUOTE(badduck2 @ Jul 21 2006, 10:44 PM) *

??? maybe i'm doing something wrong here but...

....i don't see what it could be.  i copied everything over to my sexbox, xbmc found the .xbe and i run it and it appears to run fine----but i have no controls.  at all.  i can't even use my xecuter's built-in IGR function.  all it does is run through the title, credits, demo, over and over.  tried booting it off a disc with the same result.
what the hell went wrong on me?

What joypad are you using? I believe the joypad's product id and vendor id must be added to OpenXDK for OpenXDK to detect and use the joypad.

This post has been edited by friedgold: Jul 21 2006, 11:56 PM

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(friedgold @ Jul 21 2006, 06:26 PM) View Post

I believe the joypad's product id and vendor id must be added to OpenXDK for OpenXDK to detect and use the joypad.

Good call, usually xbox-linux CVS has a more complete list, I'll look to import any new ones.

Dracc

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 12:26:00 AM »

No sound? This is easily one of the best games of all time, so I'm glad to see it ported, but at least get it running before sending it out as a finished port. If you have more important projects, do them by all means, but don't release a gimp like this. I say, finish this port as soon as you can because its going to be a big hit. As for OpenXDK vs warezed XDK... I don't personally care, but legal does have its advantages. But you can run Linux in a totally free and legal environment... so why bother with legal game ports that can already run on a linux system. Just my two bits I suppose. No matter what, please keep working! I don't want to sound too negative:)

Also, is anyone working on a better browser app? That just might be a more important port. A legal Firefox for XBOX... That I am fully behind!

Harteex

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dracc @ Jul 22 2006, 07:57 AM) View Post

But you can run Linux in a totally free and legal environment... so why bother with legal game ports that can already run on a linux system. Just my two bits I suppose. No matter what, please keep working! I don't want to sound too negative:)

For linux you can just hook up a computer to the TV.
It's much more comfortable just to run the game without loading a full OS first.

QUOTE(friedgold @ Jul 22 2006, 12:26 AM) View Post

If you grab OpenXDK from CVS it does support C++ partially. You can use new / delete, classes and inheritance. There's no C++ libs (STL / iostream) but you can call functions from the standard C library instead. d0wnlab and me are currently working on a dashboard (OpenDash) which uses OpenXDK and is written in C++.

Wow, I didn't know, that great news for me! Since that's usually what I do in c++ (classes and new/delete). I already use c-functions for the rest smile.gif

CandieCorpse

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

AMAZING WORK MAN!!!!! dont listen to Dracc he doesnt even knwo what hes talking about and i also heard hes a fagle, keep up the great work!

nes6502

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »

Excellent work on the port.

Dracc

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 11:52:00 PM »

Thanks CandiCorpse... I think I needed that sort of response to my post. Yeah, it was pretty negative... but then I'm a cynic. You will notice that Wolf3D is my favorite PC. Given that, I wanted a quality port, and I don't feel this is such. Please don't mistake my criticism for random BS. I DO know what I am talking about, and I am not a fagle.

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 04:13:00 AM »

its a good port, i'm suprised no one else ported it earlier

but i agree that the controls should be changed, use of analog sticks, and maybe change run to L instead

manu_xl

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(deathx88 @ Jul 26 2006, 11:44 AM) View Post

its a good port, i'm suprised no one else ported it earlier

but i agree that the controls should be changed, use of analog sticks, and maybe change run to L instead

probably because you can unlock wolf3d when you complete return to castle wolfenstein for the xbox

lets hope this version will be continued ... great release

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 03:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(manu_xl @ Jul 26 2006, 03:19 PM) View Post

probably because you can unlock wolf3d when you complete return to castle wolfenstein for the xbox

lets hope this version will be continued ... great release

or you could also play it with dosbox

but a port is faster to load and easier to operate

hopefully is does continue, i would like to see it finalized, and maybe a way to select different mods and stuff
Pages: 1 [2] 3