xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xduke & Xshadow  (Read 1329 times)

Ed_209

• Archived User
Xduke & Xshadow
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 08:08:00 PM »

So what are the odds of network support working in duke nukem 3d in the future? Holodukes, trip mines, pipe bombs, shrink rays...a lot of good memories doing deathmatch in that game. Great work!

Jothie

• Archived User
Xduke & Xshadow
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2006, 06:31:00 AM »

Incorrect version

Quick question

I installed Duke3d from a very very old disk.  Patched it... played awhile, worked great.  Then looked and looked and looked for the Starship Trooper mod.  Finally found, unzipped and ftp'd the files over.  Added the "Starship Troopers = /xsst.con /gsst.grp" line to wad file.  It loads, I can play it.  I can save it.   but when I die it locks up.  The reason why it locks up is because its trying to restore from my save game position.  When I try to load from the menu I get "incorrect version."  What did I do wrong?! How can I fix this to save it.

And will I ever be able to play deathmode with someone =)

Edit: I think I figured it out.  I had saved a game before adding the mod.  If you save under the same slot it tries to load the old saved game.   Solution: Use a different slot, or mod before you play.

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
Xduke & Xshadow
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

Anyone know if there is support for the High Resolution Pack for Duke 3D?  I figured there is a possibility since it is based on JonoF's work.

The Zep Man

• Archived User
Xduke & Xshadow
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

Damn, I was waiting for that Blondie guy to show up and I was getting sick waiting for him when he's done (done with what?). It took him forever.

Nice ports. Time to dust off my copies of Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior. I guess it is very hard, but I hope multiplayer support will be added in the future.

XDelusion

• Archived User
Xduke & Xshadow
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

Where are some good places with working links for MODs and TCs.

Also I have a few, but they contain .MAP and .PRG files...

...who do I load that crap up?

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
Xduke & Xshadow
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(A600 @ Jun 9 2006, 08:51 AM) View Post

Nope. HRP only works with the OpenGL renderer
www.proasm.com is the best place

Hey, are you the same A600 that use to post on www.gbaemu.com and was working on the GBC bridge software?  It's been a few years, but I helped you write the readme and beta test it.  Glad to see you are still around.  Great work with duke/shadow/descent btw.

OpenGL probably isn't even possible on the Xbox because of DirectX, right?

cheema201

• Archived User
Xduke & Xshadow
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 12:22:00 AM »

I am sure that other wads will work much better for you..

however just a side note, always keep a back up of your duke3d.cfg (it can sometimes get messed up when trying new wads). Also not every one is going to work. I do not believe there is a compatibility list but i've had at least 40 working. As long as they come with a grp and con/gam file then there is a high chance they'll work.

My suggestion for TC's.

WG Realms
Amazing conversion for duke 3d. There is a few new weapons but the levels themselves are truly breath taking. From the detail to the music, to the difficulty, everything is balanced well. It is 5 levels long, however some of the levels are pretty long. It is a must!!!

Starship Troopers
A good TC. The levels at first seem kind of like an amatuer made them, but as the game goes on they start to become a little more involved and less shit. The last level is a lot of fun. You are stuck on a planet fighting off aliens for 5 minutes, while planes fly over head and drop supplies (and bombs), before you are rescued.

Doom Duke.
Not a bad TC, the levels are not great, there is a couple of good ones. So dont be discouraged by the first few. The game seems to be difficult if you die in a level and then start the level again, as it isn't really set up for that to happen. If you want to keep your guns then save often.

There is just a few that i enjoy. I am sure that you will have no trouble finding them. If you find some good ones let me know and i'll give them a shot.
Pages: 1 2 [3]