xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Download Dvdx2?  (Read 146 times)

majon96

• Archived User
Download Dvdx2?
« on: January 23, 2005, 03:53:00 AM »

Hi

I'm having trouble playing some DVD's through the regular DVD-player. So yesterday I tried playing it in XBMC. It worked but I can't seem to access the menus from XBMC so that's kind of useless.

Anyway this proved to me that it must be a software failure, and now I'm trying to find a way to solve it.

Even though it don't allow use of my remote DVDX2 seems to be the way to go, but I can't seem to find a place to download it from, can anyone help me.

Thanks

total_ass

• Archived User
Download Dvdx2?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 08:27:00 AM »

you aren't really allowed to ask where to download files.

but search for 'the usual places'

majon96

• Archived User
Download Dvdx2?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

hmm

DVDX2 didn't help at all. It reacts just like the regular Ms-dash DVD-player. Just giving med me a black screen.

It's weird to me. Since I can watch the DVD's through XBMC it must be a software problem, what can I do to make it work??

d22k

• Archived User
Download Dvdx2?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »

ok, ive nevr had a problem with any DVD2x V2 Dongle Free.
have you tried the latest version?

XBMC doesnt support menus, yet ;)

DreamWeb

• Archived User
Download Dvdx2?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »

I've had this problem.

I'll take a guess at this... but, are you using a DVD that you've backed up?  Perhaps you've even tried to strip out the FBI warning?

If you use backups, then you should know that there are a few compatibility issues with the XBOX reading the menu...  It'll just give you a black screen.

The reason XBMC will read the movie is because it bypasses the menu altogether and jmps right to the movie.

I've found that stripping out the FBI warning (with IFOedit or whatever) will likely lead to this very problem on about 25% of your backups.

So.. I think you're out of luck.

IF it's a retail DVD... I've never heard of this problem with a retail disc, but I would assume it's along the same line. (or maybe your disc is just dirty??)

d.

total_ass

• Archived User
Download Dvdx2?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »

also, i fail to see what this has to do with homebrew and ported games. <_<