xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Star Control 2 Source Code Out...  (Read 1351 times)

Ed_209

• Archived User
Star Control 2 Source Code Out...
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2005, 06:05:00 AM »

So how is the testing going so far? Anyone point out any obvious bugs etc? Really anxious for this to go gold. I guess it will be "done when it's done". I have a feeling this release is going to be HUGE.

Nunim

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2005, 07:56:00 AM »

Ahh Comon Open Beta!

Oh BTW did Star Con 2 have multiplayer like Star Con 3 did? I can't remember its been so long.

This post has been edited by Nunim: Jun 4 2005, 02:59 PM

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

starcon2 storymode didn't have multiplayer, but it did have a "super melee" mode which let two players go at it on eachothers with 2 pads..  Actually never tested it with 2 yet.

Anyways, testers haven't had a single complain, now we're just working out how to distribute it since noone want to host somethin 200 mb big wink.gif  We've got a good solution tho, but it takes a little while to tune so it really works =)

Expecting to have this out tomorrow, monday.

-TJ & TM

UberJim

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »

*Hint* - Bittorrent is great.

Seems like that would be the best way to do it, wrap up the package and send it to a few people so they can be the initial seeders.  5 start up seeders should do so everyone gets good initial speeds.

Nunim

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

Are they legal files or built with xdk so it can only be distributed is a few places?  If you made legal files with openSDK or otherwise I can host this for you for a bit.

zefrench

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »

Maybe the best is to distribute just the binairies and have everyone download the content fomr the regular mirrors on sourceforge.

hollow

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2005, 05:13:00 AM »

I second that, The mirrors that already exist for the content on sourceforge are nice and fast, Im gonna grab them again, before the rush. :-)

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

Download starcontrol 2 builder

Does not contain any xbe's, so shouldn't be anything illegal in that file, however it has a bat-file that will download a few sets of files in order to get what it needs to make it playable.

What I suggest is that people use qwix to make it xiso and qwix it over to avalaunch.  We haven't been able to make it accept the uqm zip's, so we have to unpack it and work on it in raw mode.  It's a lot of files...  Whole lot. Over 13000.

Qwix uses appx 2 minutes to transfer it to avalaunch with boostmode, and I'm guessing half an hour on regular FTP.

This is beta 1, I'm thinking beta 2 wil have zip-support, they were going to rewrite the fileaccess code that didn't work on ava in next core, 0.5.0. =)

use this thread for feedback as we'll look into it frequently.  At this point, this thread is also the only place it's been released, might put the rar-file up to xbins as well tho.

TJ

This post has been edited by the joker: Jun 6 2005, 04:13 PM

Drilus

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »

can't get it to start. is that a valid .xbe file?

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

should be, none of the testers reported any problems.  haven't had the chance of actually testing it myself, my laptop died on me last night when I was trying to put it over.   Did it download and unpack the mad amount of files ?

Nunim

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »

I ran the program and it finished made all the files totals about 140MB and when I try to load the xbe it just hangs.  

There seems to be this one file: uqm-0.4.0-content.uqm.1 , doesn't look unpacked its almost 12MB.

hollow

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »

Thank you Joker and Tmaul and whoever else helped, Im d/l the files now and it all looks good. Thanks from the bottom of my person.  pop.gif
Have a piece of digital popcorn.

Drilus

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

seems like it did, but when you run the default.xbe file it just hangs. it won't even load it seems like.

hollow

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »

Yep same here, no dice.
Hangs. sad.gif

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »

hangs here too, looking into it right now - gonna have this working in less than an hour =)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7