xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Star Control 2 Source Code Out...  (Read 1350 times)

Ed_209

• Archived User
Star Control 2 Source Code Out...
« on: January 08, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

http://www.liberatedgames.com/game.php?game_id=42

Go to this link to get all of the needed files. I played this game a little bit on the 3do and I remembered it being a very in-depth space exploration/shooter type game. I am pretty sure if this got ported over, there would be a lot of appreciation for it.  The game goes by another name called "The Ur-Quan Masters"...

Anyone willing to take on this project speak up and let us know!

Twiin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »

I will pay serious money to anyone who ports this to the XBox.

XDelusion

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »

I will buy who ever ports this (if it is infact full source and possible) a hooker!!!

NO WAIT!!! Two hookers!

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 02:37:00 AM »

Yeah, it's full source, and similar threads have been started several times already over the last few years, but no one seems interested. I too would love to see this on Xbox natively.

hollow

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »

Yep I want it too, I tried to port it about a year ago and failed, my coding 'skillz' are sorely lacking.
'The ur quan masters' is actually a port of the 3do version, the souce code for the PC ver got lost.
Ive had Star control 2 running on that dos emu, feel too incomplete to play though.
Hmm I KNOW it wouldnt be hard to port, just too hard for me.

Can I just add to any potential portsmiths out there that this game could be the greatest two player battle ever, you need this on the xbox, you need to port it.

This post has been edited by hollow: Apr 30 2005, 01:58 AM

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »

Why not install xDSL and play the Linux-version? dry.gif

*makes mental note to try that later*

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 05:16:00 AM »

Can't edit my posts? Oh, well... sad.gif

Now that I think of it, a native port WOULD be cool. The interface of the game is very simple and could be used with an Xbox Controller without any problems. The game uses SDL for in/output (doesn't need OpenGL, but supports it...) and supports a variety of display resolutions with filtering. However, I would wait until V1.0 is released. The developers are still making progress with the game, after all.

Twiin

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 12:56:00 AM »

It would be very cool indeed. I had the linux version running on my xbox for a while, but that means that Star Control 2 runs with a 2GB footprint or so. And, I had to use an on-screen keyboard to launch it, and install dependencies, and etc etc etc...

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 11:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Twiin @ May 8 2005, 07:02 AM)
It would be very cool indeed. I had the linux version running on my xbox for a while, but that means that Star Control 2 runs with a 2GB footprint or so. And, I had to use an on-screen keyboard to launch it, and install dependencies, and etc etc etc...

Use xDSL with a modified startup script. Your 'footprint' will be something like 50MB + space for The Ur-Quan Masters. tongue.gif

Twiin

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ May 10 2005, 05:22 AM)
Use xDSL with a modified startup script. Your 'footprint' will be something like 50MB + space for The Ur-Quan Masters. tongue.gif

You are a wizard.

(Still, it would be awesome if there was a native port. I think it'd quickly become one of the most popular ported games.)

Twiin

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »

No-one, it seems? There is not a single developer interested in porting this? sad.gif

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Twiin @ May 24 2005, 10:01 PM)
No-one, it seems? There is not a single developer interested in porting this? sad.gif

All developers are cowards! *holds up flame-shield while all developers shoot with flamethrowers on him* JUST KIDDING!!! *sighs*

I think that there simply aren't any interested developers. Off course, you must actually LIKE a game to even have the idea to port it. Maybe they just didn't play it. Or maybe it is actually hard to port. dry.gif

Note for developers: there is an SDL-version of the game (for Linux). Does this make it easier to port? huh.gif

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

I'll look at it.  In probably a couple weeks.  I have too much stuff on my plate right now, once a couple things get released I can look at it.

Drilus

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »

thx d0wnlab.  ;]

TMaul

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 04:57:00 AM »

The joker and myself have spent a few days working on a port. Its not quite working properly outside of Super Melee mode but we are working on it. smile.gif

Here are a few screenshots for those that are interested:
Work-in-progress page

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7