xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Openmugen For Xbox(a 2d Fight Engine)  (Read 3135 times)

sakir2000

• Archived User
Openmugen For Xbox(a 2d Fight Engine)
« Reply #330 on: October 28, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

Ohhh wow long time since i check this forum
Good to know that some people are still interrested in this project.

Yeahh im currently struggeling with the opensource idee of this project
and you know the reason why.
But this is not my firt priority probelm.
First want to finsh this.The code itself is still very portable i also added a plugin system for the graifc part.
So all system can use their own grafic API for rendering and are not forced to use slow software rendering.

I i love opensource and supports them.
But opensource also have some disadvantages for me.One of my fear is that openmugen would have 1000s of crappy clone compilations and people would be confused.
The second is i can't beleave how much money some one makes with crappy litle shareware games.

Ok maybe donation would be my rewards but can't believe that people will spend money for openmugen.
Also maybe i can figureout an advertising modell or some thing like that.

Sludge

• Archived User
« Reply #331 on: October 29, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »

If you are going to try and commercialize this then there will be alot of legal responsibilities on your part. It would be your responsibility to make sure nobody can use your engine to:

display any copyrighted material
use any character that has been copyrighted
play any copyrighted music

Think of the RIAA, these game companies have lawyer's just sitting around and doing nothing. If you are making money off their copyrighted stuff (mugen is nothing without character's) even though you didnt create the character's, it is your engine, they will go after you.

Open source would be best because an idea like this would never die as new things would be continually added. Also a donation system would work best (i believe). If we ever got an xbox version of openmugen, that works and has tag team matches, i would donate some $$

Razor_Ramon

• Archived User
« Reply #332 on: October 29, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

"Ohhh wow long time since i check this forum
Good to know that some people are still interrested in this project."

Yes a very long time,and most people have given up on this BS

so you came back to tell us you want money for unfinished Mugen engine,thats not even on xbox...

sakir2000

• Archived User
« Reply #333 on: October 29, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »

Why people are sticked to this money point ?

OpenMugen is still open.The only thing is that i did not update the the srccode on the project site.

Also maybe i will upload my current src code.
Only thinking about the pros and const about this.
Its a long time since i began to develop it.

Since then i was the only person who develop the whole code by myself.
The reason for me to put it opensource was to work in a team.
Nobady wanted or was able to help me ....

OpenMugen or lets call it my project will be still free. But can't see any good reason for opensource but thinking about it.

Its a shame that since now i never saw OpenMugen on the PSP  because i have no PSP.
Kinda ironic for me.The author never saw his own program (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Currently my finacle status is not good , so i was thinking about all this money stuff.....

Ok its late i go off
I have  to finsh my project, thats my first priority.

meanwhile enjoy some vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIuaVLmG2lY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NowKc6DLt4s

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #334 on: October 30, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »

sakir2000, you do what you have to do. Don't let any outside pressure make your decision for you.
If you need the money set up a website with as many advertisements on it as possible to host the files, And set up as many ways to donate as possible. I personally wont use paypal, so if that's the only option you'll be missing my donation.
The vids are great! Keep up the great work man.
Hopefully you can use this as a stepping stone to get an awesome job. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

guybird

• Archived User
« Reply #335 on: November 04, 2006, 06:53:00 AM »

Sakir, I know things are busy for you, and probably hear this 50X a day, but at what % of completion are you?  I was under the impression that you were just duplicating the original engine, and then would add new features from there.  So far from what I've seen, you have progressed pretty far with the characters, but either haven't started, or haven't displayed any stages working in the new engine.

Also do you have any idea of what if any speed improvements your engine might provide?  I like to think that using a dedicated engine rather than the current "emulated" mugen via Linux would run much better on normal xbox's (128mb ram xbox's run mugen flawlessly).  Any idea on when you might release your latest compilation as a new beta for the xbox?

seanp2500

• Archived User
« Reply #336 on: December 07, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

Yes I too am curios of your efforts sir.  I applaud your continued work on this.  I own both an XBOX and PSP and I would love to see you not give up.  I think Odb718 had best suggestion I know the starving thing does wear kinda thin...

inukai

• Archived User
« Reply #337 on: December 18, 2006, 12:17:00 AM »

Hey, sakir2000, I found this topic on google and have to say you're doing a great thing making an XBox version.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) MUGEN seems like a great game, I personally have a piece of crap computer and can't play it. I can't wait for it to be done!

THEKIDD

• Archived User
« Reply #338 on: February 19, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »

any update of this ive been lookin at this for a while now
gj keep it up

VampX

• Archived User
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]