xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Half-life 1 Port  (Read 438 times)

total_ass

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2004, 05:15:00 AM »

the stolen code is not the half-life engine though, it is the 'Source' engine which is the half-life 2 engine. the only way is if Valve released the source code for the HL1 engine, which is likely being as they are porting all of the original half-life games to the 'Source' engine.

gronne

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

I reckon all source needed to port HL1 is in the leaked source from HL2. Since I'm on 56k I've never bothered to find the leaked source but I suppose it's common file on the P2P's out there.

HL1 should be possible to port... All we need is a porter!!!! And I'm happy if lantus keep his work on surreal. But if he's interested, maybe he'll do it. Ask him.

total_ass

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

no, the source engine is a completely difference engine built from scratch, it contains none of the hl1 code.

besides porting the hl2 engine would be illegal being as the code was leaked and not released.

gronne

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »

All I know is that there was a huge thread about this 3/4:s of a year ago, and it never was the discussion of not having the source but two guys that individually claimed they'd do it, yet we heard of any progress. It was all about who'd be willing to do it.

runawaywarthog

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »

all i know is that i wanbt to play hl2. I play it on the dreamcast!

big_xbox_n00bie

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

IM SUREEEEE that HL1 uses the Q3 engine.....
^ nope it wasent my bad
quake2 and quake1 hybrid couldn't cope with it i don't think.....

This post has been edited by big_xbox_n00bie: Aug 27 2004, 10:22 PM

helious

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »

DAMN you guys! READ THE FORUM! This diss. has been uip for like, 6 months ago! SEARCH THE FORUMS! We were even making it.. Half-Life-X.tk    

Now Lock this Thread.

Brouhaha

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2004, 08:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (helious @ Aug 30 2004, 07:57 AM)
DAMN you guys! READ THE FORUM! This diss. has been uip for like, 6 months ago! SEARCH THE FORUMS! We were even making it.. Half-Life-X.tk    

Now Lock this Thread.

You are a joke.  Your Half-life X thread was closed and classified as VAPOURWARE. Not to mention your lame requests for ports, which you wouldn't be making if you were talented enough to get this game to run on xbox...

Mr.INSANE

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2005, 07:42:00 AM »

im going to have to be an ass a bump this for stupidity

lets gets something right hl1 was based MAINLY off of quake 1 and some quake 2 code Quake 3 didnt do crap Also someone talked about a port of hl1 to the xbox and supposedly it got leaked on the net or something and was suppoesdly made by gearbox software {valves friend}

This post has been edited by Mr.INSANE: May 9 2005, 02:43 PM

Pyro0623

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »

Don't know for sure but, CS is an official Xbox title, is it not?

Why not just rip the game and find a way to replace the guts of it and put in the HL data?

if it is (and i think it is) a ported engine with the cs files as a stand alone, then half the work is already done for you.

Anyways, just a thought... dont flame me if I sound like an idiot, it's just a shot in the dark.

Mr.INSANE

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 09:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pyro0623 @ May 18 2005, 04:51 AM)
Don't know for sure but, CS is an official Xbox title, is it not?

Why not just rip the game and find a way to replace the guts of it and put in the HL data?

if it is (and i think it is) a ported engine with the cs files as a stand alone, then half the work is already done for you.

Anyways, just a thought... dont flame me if I sound like an idiot, it's just a shot in the dark.

ive posted this idea before it is possible but would take good hacking and coding skills

total_ass

• Archived User
A Half-life 1 Port
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »

i doubt its a direct ported engine. they would have cut out most of the parts specific to HL (unlike the PC CS release which was literally just a built in mod)

also you would have to get the scripts working with the engine. which would probably be impossible.
Pages: 1 [2]