xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Moded Xbox, Go's Into Xbmc On Startup?  (Read 95 times)

Eksyte

• Archived User
New Moded Xbox, Go's Into Xbmc On Startup?
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »

What modded dash are you meaning? I'm assuming you're meaning EvoX and that he/you/whoever used Slayer's disc to install the dash?

In XBMC, go to Settings>Network>Network to set up the network connection. I have mine set to autodetect and I'm using FlashFXP with no issues.

If you're still wanting to use EvoX, you can always download it, burn it to a CD and use XBMC's file manager to copy Evox to the C drive on the XBox. Or use Slayer's Autinstaller to start from scratch. (I'd stick with XBMC, personally.)

And this probably belongs in the Dash section more than the Emulator section since you're having issues with the dash.  ph34r.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »

Once you figure out your FTP issues, I'd get the newest version of XBMC anyways.  It's far more advanced than any other dash out there now.   Evox, at least the version on the NDure Installer, seems to FTP things very slow compared to UnleashX and XBMC.

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »

XBMC is a regular modded dash... Infact it's arguably the best Dash available for the xbox.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 03:15:00 AM »

Good idea, but you should think about upgrading.   I might be wrong, but just recently I've heard, they've released the final version of XBMC that's supported for the XBox (unless some rogue agents update it).  You'd be surprised how many things have been improved since the version you've used.  Most changes are pretty subtle, but they're all pretty significant.  

As long as you make sure the XBE file for the new XBMC is in the same folder as your current XBMC dash is located, the build will run.  You'll just have to delete your old copy of XBMC on FTP and then FTP over the new build and reboot.

Just make sure you're not doing it during a thunderstorm, or on an outlet with 18 things plugged into it.   cool.gif

Also, make sure you have your eeprom saved to your PC as well.  DON'T SKIP THIS STEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as you have the eeprom from that machine backed up somewhere, I can walk you through setting up a hard drive from scratch if you mess anything up.

Later,
~Rx