xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox Awareness/contest  (Read 116 times)

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
Xbox Awareness/contest
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(hcf @ Jan 18 2010, 01:38 PM) View Post

Well, I mean the same thing that I said in my other post: I speak about having an Xbox emulator for PC. This would make things easier as far as debugging is concerned, for people who cannot have a debug Xbox (for example, those ones who program in their office, hehehe).  

Running the debug dash... is possible to play games and execute applications normally too? I didn't know it...

Also, I must say that I don't believe that making an Xbox emulator for PC is impossible. In fact, the architecture of the Xbox is very famous, so we have an exact idea of the machine that we want to emulate. The problem, in my opinion, is that PCs nowadays are not powerfull enough to emulate our beloved black box...

Yeah but the thing with making any games for an emulator, there is no guarantee that it will work on a real Xbox. Thats why the debug Xbox is so optimal, because it will for sure work on the Xbox if you make it with the Xbox hardware...

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Xbox Awareness/contest
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(hcf @ Jan 18 2010, 08:38 PM) View Post
Running the debug dash... is possible to play games and execute applications normally too? I didn't know it...

Yes, so long as they aren't retail signed. It's possible to re-sign applications, though.

(Homebrew is usually debug-signed, though for whatever reason T3CH retail-signs the XBMC builds she releases. Anything on a retail game disc is, of course, retail signed.)

Though usually you'd switch the console out of debug mode unless you specifically want to do some debugging. The debug dash ups the system requirements of whatever you run through it; hence why the RAM upgrade is handy.

QUOTE(hcf @ Jan 18 2010, 08:38 PM) View Post
The problem, in my opinion, is that PCs nowadays are not powerfull enough to emulate our beloved black box...

I'm inclined to believe otherwise, but hey, I could be wrong. Regardless, I can't see a decent emulator turning up before it's "too late".

QUOTE(garcimak @ Jan 19 2010, 06:57 AM) View Post
i discovered you have to have any xbox <1.4 to get the debug system running, let me know if i'm wrong.

Didn't know that...

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Xbox Awareness/contest
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(garcimak @ Jan 18 2010, 04:57 PM) View Post

Since we are talking debug, it takes me ages to figure how to make it run on xbox, i discovered you have to have any xbox <1.4 to get the debug system running, let me know if i'm wrong.
My xbox 1.4 launching fancy debug via evoX
So far, i managed to get the xdk launcher fine, i can access the box from my PC with Xbox neighbourhood etc.

As a noobish it's difficult to go further, no 1st steps tutorial for devs, some note here and there which only cover the installation part.   The best would be to start a thread as they are still people around who can help .

I could barely find documentation for setting it up, and I thought what I did find was spotty myself.  I had to get some help from some kind souls here to get my dev box running.  

All I was able to do beyond that was some MAME tweaking that nobody will probably ever see in a release since BP wouldn't integrate it and his stuff is now light years ahead of where it was back then, let alone beyond anything that I've done.  There is no good guides out there for XBox specific stuff, and I'm a novice at coding.  I get general ideas, but I never put my nose to the grindstone to really learn any of it.

Pulsemasta has the right idea though.  Learning that C++ real good can get him programming once he has his box setup for it.

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
Xbox Awareness/contest
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »

and hopefully more than that it will get me a job! lol

hopefully being the keyword...

although I will get my degree in 2013, and the world will have ended the year previous to that...

pop.gif
Pages: 1 [2]