xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Ressurectionxtra Teaser Pre-release  (Read 2489 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Ressurectionxtra Teaser Pre-release
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »

Looks like SNES is the winner...

I'll have it up sometime today.  I've already taken the first step and resized them down so the larger dimension is only 318 and they look just as good in the emu as far as I can tell.  There's zero slowdown on any of the images as you scroll through now.  Before, when you hit the larger images you could feel the emu chugging along to load them, but now that's gone.  I dont' have HD, so I can't say how the experience will be there, but if you were using my old Xtras with HD you should see a noticable improvement in performance.

Now I have to convert to enhanced artwork, make datfiles and make cutfiles and I'll get them all posted.

BTW... does anybody know how to make datfiles with multiple directories in them?  In order for the .CUT files to work right, the roms have to be in the correct directories.  I've separated the roms into these categories for every emu, but when I make datfiles it seems that it always just dumps them all into the same directory.

moonmaster1

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »

I love all the work you guys are doing, I'm just not sure If I have the HD space to hold all of the xtras.
How big will will the xtras be? In an estimate of course seeing that there are more games on other systems.

Also, is this pack your uploading for xsnes9x or is it cross compatible with zsnexbox?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »

Including PSX, if you were to have all the US releases, you'd need a 1TB hard drive.  Even I'm not doing that though, since I only have a 500 GB.  

I have no way of knowing right now the exact size of the Xtras since things aren't exactly organized for release yet.  If I had to guess, they're over 300GB now (including the space needed for the games themselves, which also includes CD games from SEGA and TG16, which are about 95% or more the mp3 ripped variety)

There will be two artwork packs uploaded here.  One is the old screenshots and the second is the new Enhanced Artwork.  Essentially, the enhanced artwork is the system that ZSNESXBox uses, but the folder names are slightly different and you can have up to 104 images per game instead of just 8.  

I haven't tested this yet though, so I'm not 100% sure that there is cross compatibility between the two.  You may have to dup the artwork set to get them to work on both.  

Fortunately, the SNES artwork pack is now only 317MB after the conversion.  It was 504MB before I resized them to a more optimal size for the Box's capabilities.

moonmaster1

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »

Awesome! that can definitely work for me as i don't have a big rom catalog.

Thanks guys!

nate1579

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »

so rez your making cut files premade now i love that idea

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »

Yes.  The plan is to have all of the .CUT files premade, but the caveat is that you will have to have your roms and pics exactly where I have mine or none of them will work.  Down the road if we get multiple favorites lists in the emus so you can have "top-lists", we will have the same problem.  Everything has to be in the exact same place on your drive as it is on mine.

I'm still trying to work out a good way to do that.....

It doesn't seem like datfiles are the right solution, because they dump all of the roms into a single folder instead of the many different folders I use (US Licensed, Europe Licensed, Original Homebrew, Translations, etc.)

The problem is I can't talk about distributing roms here, where I've made my base, and my favorite torrent site for games doesn't allow XDK code either, so I can't upload the XMV videos or any emulators their either.

Distribution may be a bit rocky.  I want to make this as plug'n'play for everyone as it would be for me to crank out 50 perfect mirrors now, but I haven't figured out that ideal solution yet.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »

Also keep in mind that any network related stuff I can not guaranty will work at all regarding .CUT files.

Spring for a bigger hard drive.   cool.gif

wimpyRBX

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 21 2010, 01:02 PM) View Post

Also keep in mind that any network related stuff I can not guaranty will work at all regarding .CUT files.

Spring for a bigger hard drive.   cool.gif

won't be a problem! 8tb+ on the htpc=)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »

You could have a 100TB server, but it doesn't change the fact that I have no idea if my .CUT files will work on your setup.  I'm pretty sure you can get them to work, but you will have to make your own as I'm sure anything I make won't work out for you.

Sorry about the delay with the artwork pack.  Real life stuff came up yesterday. I'll try my best to get them out today.

wimpyRBX

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 21 2010, 07:42 PM) View Post

You could have a 100TB server, but it doesn't change the fact that I have no idea if my .CUT files will work on your setup.  I'm pretty sure you can get them to work, but you will have to make your own as I'm sure anything I make won't work out for you.

I'm well aware of that mate.. As for my own project I've completely chucked it out waiting for march to see if I can use the Xtras release as a base for a new system/setup smile.gif

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »

Sorry again for the delays.

It seems like we've got perfection for the Screenshots and the Enhanced Artwork now.  They really look amazing with Madmab's latest code changes and the Dynamic skins.  

I just need to figure out a good way to make datfiles with multiple directories and I hope that BombBloke can alter his .CUT file creator to do the sub-directories too.

I've been thinking that since each romname in every system is unique, we could dump all of the games into one directory to make things like this easy, but we'd have to have a working sort/filter feature first before I even dream of destroying all my work putting them in different directories/categories.

Maybe in the future...

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2010, 06:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Jan 21 2010, 10:35 PM) View Post

Sorry again for the delays.

It seems like we've got perfection for the Screenshots and the Enhanced Artwork now.  They really look amazing with Madmab's latest code changes and the Dynamic skins.  

I just need to figure out a good way to make datfiles with multiple directories and I hope that BombBloke can alter his .CUT file creator to do the sub-directories too.

I've been thinking that since each romname in every system is unique, we could dump all of the games into one directory to make things like this easy, but we'd have to have a working sort/filter feature first before I even dream of destroying all my work putting them in different directories/categories.

Maybe in the future...

Should all be worth the wait :-)

I think when the Xtras all come out I'm not going to tell any of my friends who have left the Xbox behind, then when they are over one day I'm just going to start playing stuff and watch their jaws drop haha

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »

Yeah... great...

Now I got a virus to deal with too.  

I still can't figure out what the hell I did to get it.  It's gotta be that I had the Java out of date when I was running all those scripts.  I can't think of anything else.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make datfiles with sub-folders right now, as well as tweaking BB's cutfile creator to make subfolders for the .CUT files as well.

I really feel that I'm doing the screenshots pack an injustice if these two things aren't perfected so they can be used immediately after FTPing everything over.

I sincerely apologize for this.   When the 20th rolled by I thought for sure I'd have this up on the 21st.  Now that it's the 22nd, considering all that this virus means as far as little annoying setbacks, I'm hoping that I can have it up by Sunday morning.  Otherwise, because of some personal stuff I won't be able to get it out there until Wednesday.

Please bear with me while I sort this out,
~Rx

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2010, 06:27:00 AM »

It could just be a newer Virus that slipped past your defenses.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »

I'm sure it was..... But I just wish I knew what I did that caused it.

Last time I know why it happened.  I tried running untested software from an untrusted source and it blew up the second I ran it.  This time, I didn't install anything.  I've just never been hit by anything that I couldn't directly contribute to my stupidity.  Just wish I knew what I did.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6