xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Compatibility  (Read 57 times)

third_strike

• Archived User
Compatibility
« on: January 25, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »

This is may fist post here!
I would like to know in which MAME the FBA-XXX (neo geo roms) is compatible. My Neo geo roms of MAME not work in the FBA-XXX 1.28. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)
Cool!

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 03:30:00 AM »

Good luck getting that my man.  I spent months getting full sets of both MAME and FBA but I still have no clue which version of MAME games works with FBA.  Might not be directly compatable with any version of MAME, come to think of it.  You're just going to have to run your roms through Romcenter or clrmamepro and try to get as much of a complete FBA set as you can.

xyteam

• Archived User
Compatibility
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »

a lot of the cps1,2 and the others games work on mamedox,mameox128plus.
neogeo roms thats another story,fbaxxx pro uses the most up to date romsets,i dont think much if any will work on mame for xbox,ive tried a few on mameox128plus and no luck.
just have a look in the supported games text in fba and you it will give you the rom version you need.

third_strike

• Archived User
Compatibility
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »

Ressurectionx and xyteam thanks!
Now I have to find a tutorial for Romcenter or clrmamepro.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Compatibility
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 02:38:00 AM »

I don't know anything about clrmamepro, but I do know that you can get most of the help you need for Romcenter at the site that you download it from.  I'd give you that link, but I got threatened with a ban before for giving somebody the link because I guess they have links on their site for rom downloads or something.

Not hard to figure out though.  Google and Yahoo are our friends.  

Don't worry about getting all the clones either.  I did at first because I wanted it to show at the bottom of FBA that I had every rom.  But then you have tons of duplicate roms that you don't need cluttering up the screen.  You should be able to find most of these roms pretty easy though if they are the most recent romsets.  It's trying to get a full collection of and old version of MAME like version .084 that is next to impossible today.

Good luck

VampX

• Archived User
Compatibility
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(third_strike @ Jan 27 2008, 06:04 PM) *

Now I have to find a tutorial for Romcenter or clrmamepro.

Now if only someone had a link to that in some sort of big answer thread or something..