xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Mameox128 - Working Romset Project  (Read 2588 times)

ressurectionx

• Archived User
Mameox128 - Working Romset Project
« Reply #330 on: May 10, 2008, 12:45:00 AM »

hehe..... make sure you re-test all of your games.

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2008, 12:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(BritneysPAIRS @ May 10 2008, 02:29 AM) View Post

CoinOPS+ has the SMB fixed..... It did work on HK$ if setup correctly and on mameox 0.72

Im confused what do you mean?I think you were responding to my question.

Smothermunchie

• Archived User
« Reply #332 on: May 10, 2008, 01:57:00 AM »

It's cheap and easy to do. Check out the hard drives at newegg.com. Shipping oftentimes is free and you'll usually have your drive in 3 days max. JUST MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR EEPROM AND YOU"LL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO FIX ANYTHING YOU MESS UP!!!!! smile.gif

If you go this route and need some advice, just let me know. I haven't been around as much now that I'm enjoying the nice weather but I'm still active.

I'm actually in medicine so I don't have much of a clue for anything outside of this, including computers and hardware drive junk.

I finally have some free clearing this coming week, maybe we could hook up and chat for a titch, I'll bring the beer.  smile.gif

I thought of something though that might be easier for a newbie such as I am.

Exactly what retro CDs can I still purchase that CoinOps supports?

Stuff like Metal Slug, Capcom fighters, SNK stuff, arcade compilations, you know, Xbox games like that?

It would be simpler on my side if I were just to buy those CDs instead, saving room on my hard drive.

Thanks for the response.  

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #333 on: May 10, 2008, 03:09:00 AM »

Care to post your code changes BP so I can try them out on my end?

Hey SM.... I'll be around sporadically between Sunday and Tuesday night, but I've got a suprisingly busy weekend coming up so I can't really commit to a time right now.

Not sure what you mean by retro CDs that Coin-Ops supports though.  Though having a complete romset of MAME .84 will generally work well with CoinOPS, BP has made some changes which require you to have his entire romset for everything to work 100%.  I'm not actually aware of any compilations you can buy in regards to that.  Certainly not aware of any legal outlets for something like that, but the set is already available on torrents all around at this point.

The hard drive thing is real easy though man.  You'll need a "special" set of screwdrivers called Torx though.  Phillips or Flathead won't get the job done.  It's not really special as they came with a Craftsman screwdriver set that I bought a few years back.   I believe that you will need sizes T08 and T10, but it's been a while and I may be mistaken about that....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx

You'd need to get a program called xboxhdm from the usual spot too.  Also, you would need to have access to a computer that you could open up and attach the new hard drive to so you can run the linux cd (made by xboxhdm using your XBox's eeprom).  

Sounds complicated the way I'm saying it, but if you follow the procedure, it's not all that bad.  Here's a tut covering most of the procedure if you want to see what you'd be getting yourself into:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=244043

Hey run088,

"CoinOPS+ has the SMB fixed..... It did work on HK$ if setup correctly and on mameox 0.72"

I believe he's saying that if you do a Google search for his MAME emulator CoinOPS that it won't have the problems that you're experiancing.  Make sure you get CoinOPS Second Quarter.... or jus wait a little while because I think he's coming out with the third revision sometime in the near future, which apparently has everything that I've been working on for months that he was able to do in less than 5 mintues.

Also, you could use MAMEox 0.72 which is generally a big downgrade and HK$ is another build that is admittedly much harder to find but isn't up to par with CoinOPS either.

Hope that helps.

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #334 on: May 10, 2008, 03:26:00 AM »

i did not know of any other emulators for mame, thanks for the breakdown.I just knew of mameox,mameox128, and mamedox and they all had the same issue.Ill try to look for coinops and see if that helps.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #335 on: May 10, 2008, 03:37:00 AM »

No problem run.... It's a huge download (4-5GB) and you're going to have to get the roms with it because some of them are different than the versions you have now.

Trust me though... you're going to love it.  The network share fix was never on my radar, but there are so many tweaks and fixes to CoinOPS that it's by far the best emu on the XBox for MAME now.

Have fun,
~Rx

Hey BP..... how about them code changes man?  Couldja put the files you changed to get it working on rapid share or something for me so I can try it out?  

Thanks,
~Rx

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #336 on: May 10, 2008, 04:01:00 AM »

I know.....

I just want the 5 lines of code you put in to get the screen flipping to work the way I wanted it to.

Alright............. I'll say please.  Please?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #337 on: May 10, 2008, 04:37:00 AM »

What the hell man.  Why do you have to be like this?  I thought we've been getting along just fine.

It's a simple code, it took 5 minutes for you to do, it will take even less time to upload.  Why you going all prick mode again?

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #338 on: May 10, 2008, 04:59:00 AM »

Whatever man.  Do what you want.  I'm done with this.  Too much stress and time wasted over nothing.  I'm going to throw that damn debug box in the river so I can get back to real life.  Have fun everybody.

xyteam

• Archived User
« Reply #339 on: May 10, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »

just play coinops on a dvd disc,then you wont have to put anything into your harddrive apart from the gamesave.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #340 on: May 14, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »

Looks like BP got the 2 player alternating working, but it's in BETA now.  It will not be in his next release yet, because he'll have to test a lot to make sure nothing is broken.  Knowing from personal experience how touchy all that graphics code is, I would be very suprised if things weren't broke from it that needed to be fixed.  Unfortunately, I can't test any of it because he won't let me know what the fix he put it was.

Oh well...... spring is here and I'm tired of wasting time on this anyhow.  He's doing me a favor actually.  Man.... I actually spent a 3 day weekend without turning on my XBox.  It was everything I dreamed it would be and more.  I had forotten what the sun looked like.....

I'll be suggesting keymapping fixes and things like that to him when I get some free time here and there, but those won't be until after he releases his next build and I can see what still needs to be changed.  I will also hopefully be adding a patch with the games that he didn't include and all of the keymap changes and screenshots for them when I get some time.  Fortunately, BP removed the limitation for only adding 50 games to his new build, so adding as many games that work as possible in patch form won't be a problem now.  

The end result, hopefully, should be that BP's emulator will be able to run every single MAME game that is possible to run on the XBox.  Not exactly the original aim of this thread, but his emulator is much better than MAMEox128 Plus!

Regards,
~Rx

underworlderZer0

• Archived User
« Reply #341 on: May 21, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »

Will 4-player Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles be in 3rd Quarter?

BritneysPAIRS

• Archived User
« Reply #342 on: May 22, 2008, 05:14:00 AM »

CoinOPS Refined will include both 2 and 4 player versions of TMNT 1 and 2 and the Simpsons

smile.gif its a total cleanup of all the top games to make sure they operate alot better and can be controlled or controlled better. And it looks like I might have a few other surprises if I can and if others can help add a few surprises

Smothermunchie

• Archived User
« Reply #343 on: May 22, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »

Oooh, I love surprises!

Is it bigger than a baby's arm?   biggrin.gif

DarthMingus

• Archived User
« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24