xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bypass The Tsop?  (Read 586 times)

byt3-ra1d

• Archived User
Bypass The Tsop?
« on: May 08, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »

Anyone know of a way I can completely bypass the tsop? I screwed up when i tried to flash it and soldered the 3rd from the end and 4th from the end. A cant get the solder up because its silver and doesnt seem to work with the braid mop.

My box flashes Green and orange powers on and off 3 times than stays on every time i press the power button, I fugure its because of my solder mistake. While trying to get the solder off i also got the last 2 pins in the mess. To better explain ive colored in the 4 pins that are soldered togethor.
(IMG:http://angelfire.lycos.com/linux/byt3-ra1d/tsop.jpg)

please tell me what i should do

thanks

methadone_pretty

• Archived User
Bypass The Tsop?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 05:44:00 PM »

try booting it with a mod chip in there, with d0 grounded it should bypass the TSOP and boot from the LPC bus fine. Ive seen an xbox on here with the TSOP chipped removed completely and it still boot from the LPC

byt3-ra1d

• Archived User
Bypass The Tsop?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »

That easy huh? I have a cheapmod and it wouldnt work so i unhooked it and borrowed my friends matrix chip. I think i fried the chip because when i installed it, it would never flash green allways red and i could never get it aligned. I tried flashing it in my pc and the light was still red but it said it flashed.

Im gonna borrow an x2 lite and try it asap.

crackz0r

• Archived User
Bypass The Tsop?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 06:05:00 PM »

a solder braid should take the silver off easily.. i've used it to soak up silver solder on several occasions..

byt3-ra1d

• Archived User
Bypass The Tsop?
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 06:14:00 PM »

Yeah i tried a braid but it didnt seem to work maby its too old or im not using it right. It has worked before

sfbaymod

• Archived User
Bypass The Tsop?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »

Use some Flux Paste .. you can install a 29 wire homebrew type chip to just bypass it..  but removing the solder is so simple ..    it wil take 1or 2 sec..

TheNut

• Archived User
Bypass The Tsop?
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 07:49:00 PM »

yeah i did the same thing my tsop is completly off broke it with the sollder and i got a cheap mod for my brockin 1 and cant get it to work i have to try harder....and if u have the d0 on the back not there any more will it still work or no

byt3-ra1d

• Archived User
Bypass The Tsop?
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2003, 02:50:00 PM »

So 11 or 29 works will work. im getting my firends x2l in 2 hours if that doesnt work i can look around and try to root up my old enigmah and install that.

This post has been edited by byt3-ra1d: May 9 2003, 09:51 PM