xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Multibios Tsop Questions  (Read 546 times)

0xffff

• Archived User
Multibios Tsop Questions
« on: April 27, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »

hello, i have a few questions about setting up a multibios tsop. i plan on following the tutorial that was posted recently about flashing half of the tsop at a time by use installing a switch between a19 and GND and a19 and Vcc.

1) i suppose i need a SPDT switch for this, where a19 is the common terminal and Vcc and GND are the opposing terminals. i just want to make sure i am correct for this.

2) where can i find an onboard GND that i can connect to the switch? i know that the Vcc comes from one of the ports on the lpc, is there a GND port on the lpc as well? i saw a diagram somewhere that indicated that perhaps port 2 on the lpc is GND. is this the case? if so can i connect this to the switch without running into any problems? or should i connect the GND in another way?

3) in order to do the actual flashing i plan on using the 007 trick with the hd swap. i know that i will need a 512kb rom image to flash with raincoat. however, do i need to indicate any particular offset to raincoat in order to perform the flash (i.e. at 0 or at 512kb) or is it irrelevant?

4) i figure that it will probably be worthwhile to install a switch for the tsop flash write jumpers as well. can i get away with just installing a switch for one of the set of jumpers? if so, does it matter which one i choose?

i think that's all the questions i have for now.

thanks very much.