xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop Flashing  (Read 688 times)

ncc1701p

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« on: April 27, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »

Hello,
I understand that flashing the TSOP on the xbox mainboard basically makes it so you dont need a modchip.  One thing i couldnt find in the tutorials is one item:

With this TSOP flash and whatever code you use. Will it allow you to use a bigger Hard Drive. Or are you stuck w/ the standard 8/10 gig forever?

-Much appreciate to all! :beer:

ASheva10

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »

Yes, if you flash your TSOP with the new X2 4976.02 you can change the hdd, but you will not be able to go on live, with the flashed TSOP.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (ASheva10 @ Apr 27 2003, 05:42 PM)
Yes, if you flash your TSOP with the new X2 4976.02 you can change the hdd, but you will not be able to go on live, with the flashed TSOP.

unless you make a multibios and install switches in which case it is exactly the same as modern day mods cool.gif

ncc1701p

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2003, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (ASheva10 @ Apr 27 2003, 05:42 PM)

So i have to use the  X2 4976.02  exclusively? Or which new X2 specifically.  Right now I understand you cant do it w/ the Matrix... I still have an Enigmah laying around.. but 29 wires again.. bah! Ok.. this is very good information.  I dont care about going on xbox live.. I dont have any reason to.

Thank you. I really appreciate the information!

This post has been edited by ncc1701p: Apr 27 2003, 05:23 PM

mikie8

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

i have flashed my tsop and i was using a matrix mod with 29 wires
there a tut on xbox-scene to explain witch wires to cut and install a switch and on the point to solder to flash the onboard tsop
the benifits and features of the mod (large hdd) depend on the bios you choose
any bios can be used but it must be 1 meg in size either a 256k bios multiplyed by four or a larger bios or even multi bios's
just make sure the bios was made for your machine i.e. ver 1  / ver1.1

good luck its a good mod and fun to do

52volts

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 01:57:00 PM »

I just flashed my v1.1 with a multibios using my xodus-matrix and the 007 hack. I also installed a SPDT switch from radioshack. Now I can play all or my backups and go on xbox live with the orignals. Got all the info on how to this on this forum.

Drexon

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »

Hey, that's totally Sweet! So if I do that, I'll be able to remove my Matrix chip and never have another alignment problem agian, and be able to play XBL as well?! =) =)

Is there much soldering involved, installing a switch with a multibios TSOP flash that is...

mikie8

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 10:20:00 AM »

if you are using a 29 wire modchip then you only need to cut two wires (live and ground) and install a switch but if you intend to remove the modchip then a switch is not necessary you will just need to cut two wires after you have booted but you will still have to solder the jumper points on the board together on both sides

i used slayers boot disk because i unlocked my original hdd first so i could use it in a pc and then installed a larger hdd (30 gig) which is soon to be upgraded

i dont use my xbox online as i aint found a game i like suitible instead im gonna put over 50 xbox games all me emu's and roms on it and loads of trekkie epps lol :P

xbox is so fun i may get another one for the w.c.

if i could teach the xbox to cook ill leave the wife :P

mikie8

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2003, 10:20:00 AM »

if you are using a 29 wire modchip then you only need to cut two wires (live and ground) and install a switch but if you intend to remove the modchip then a switch is not necessary you will just need to cut two wires after you have booted but you will still have to solder the jumper points on the board together on both sides

i used slayers boot disk because i unlocked my original hdd first so i could use it in a pc and then installed a larger hdd (30 gig) which is soon to be upgraded

i dont use my xbox online as i aint found a game i like suitible instead im gonna put over 50 xbox games all me emu's and roms on it and loads of trekkie epps lol :P

xbox is so fun i may get another one for the w.c.

if i could teach the xbox to cook ill leave the wife :P

Drexon

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2003, 05:25:00 PM »

But I have the original Matrix chip, with pogos....

skyhigh88

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2003, 04:55:00 AM »

Hey Drexon,   how do I make a multibois? like: (EVOX 2.5 + x2 4973 + x2 4972+ ORIGINAL 4034)  if my original xbox bios 4034.bin is already 1mb.  Do I need to reduce the size?  How do I reduce 1024k bios to 256k?  

Is the command line what people use to make a mutibios.bin?
copy /b EVOX 2.5.bin+x2 4973.bin+x2 4972.bin+Original 4034.binMulti Bios.bin

I have tried using this command making(256k_4973.bin+256k_4973.bin+256k_4973.bin+256k_4973.binMulti Bios.bin) and my out put is only 768k Bios.bin file.  Which is not correct, it should be 1024k.    The (drop file here for 1mb.bat) thingy works great!  But not the command line above.

Can someone please tell me how make a multibios for my TSOP?  I wanted to add a switch later to play xbox live.   Any help will be greatly appreciated.   Thanks in advance.