xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Multiversion Compatible Tsop Tutorial  (Read 6473 times)

craigncheri

• Archived User
Multiversion Compatible Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2003, 02:49:00 PM »

same results here with a 1.1 box
retail + retail + evox d6 + evox d6

works great, thanks for the info and figuring this out.

Ant2483

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2003, 04:28:00 PM »

Glad it worked out for you guys. This makes flashing the tsop just as good as a modchip in my opinion. Once you get this set up properly it would be very hard to completely fuck your tsop. Because if you only relash each half of the tsop at a time if the flash does fuck up you still have the other half to boot from. Then you can reflash the fucked up part. Even if you dont use xbox live this is still a great way to have a multibios tsop because it really is a lot safer to flash half of the tsop at a time.

craigncheri

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2003, 06:25:00 PM »

yeah this works great and just like you said, I upgraded evox d6 to x2 4796.02 only on half the tsop, it flashed only that half leaving the other half alone.

52volts

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2003, 06:04:00 PM »

Cool time for me to go and try this, I just traded my 1.0 with a bad tsop for a 1.1  smile.gif  with a samsung  biggrin.gif

Has anyone tried to use both the A18+A19 so the could have the orig+orig+evoxd6+x2. Or would this not work ?

craigncheri

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2003, 04:45:00 AM »

I havent tried that but it should work fine.
post your results
I would recomend first testing
x2+x2+evox d6+x2 4796

that way if the d6+x2 portion doesn't work you could still boot to the lower half the tsop and then fix the top half.

Ant2483

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2003, 07:59:00 AM »

Yeah there is no reason why the 4 bank switch wouldnt work so just give it a try. I just didnt really have a need for that.

52volts

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2003, 02:21:00 PM »

Damm I've been trying to flash the tsop with a multibios on this damm brand new v1.1 xbox for hours and it still wont work. I got so sick of aligning the chip I solder the damm baster, and it still don't work. I can flash the matrix in mode 4 to matrix_tsop flash bios, but when i reboot in mode 4 or 3 the xbox just boots 3 times and then goes off or stay on with blank screen. Ok Ive tried different d/l or the tsop flash bin and still no good, And I know my xbox boots fine without the chip and a orignal HD. It also boots fine with the evoxd6 color mod on the matrix. I now think the matrix is broken or something! any one had this problem ? I really want to get a multibios on a 1.1 cuz I have 3 v1.1 and only 1 matrix chip :)

xfire

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2003, 04:02:00 PM »

I would suggest that one install this switch prior to flashing. Flash half the bios with 007 hack (512k) and the other half stays retail. Perfect for XLIVE users. Would this work if one places a 4976.02 512k bios in the 007 gamesave area?

craigncheri

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2003, 04:05:00 PM »

you cant flash a 1.1's tsop using the matrix mod (only 1.0's)
you either need a 29 pin homebrew for a 1.1  or 007 + memory card hack.

both these have worked for me.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2003, 03:31:00 PM »

Nice work, Ant2483.  Moved to FAQ forum.

xfire

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »

Tested and working.
I installed the switch and soldered the write mode jumpers before FLASHING.
I made a 512k 4976.02 bios.
Booted up and used the 007 hack - it flashed perfectly.
1/2 Retail and 1/2 xecuter on the TSOP.
It seems to be getting easier all the time.
It will be almost impossible to F up the TSOP using this method.

Nice job Ant!!!

52volts

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2003, 10:16:00 PM »

Hey Xfire I tried your method and it hosed my TSOP completely, I had on A19 and on when I flashed my tsop wth a x2+x2 bin. Now my box wont boot at all with the switch off, and it freez with the the swith on with or without a CD. err 16 and a bunch of other err. SOMEONE HELP

Optimus

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2003, 09:58:00 PM »

Hey guy's, sorry to go all newbish and needy here but I was wondering if you could do a more indepth tutorial. Go into more details on what you used, a wiring diagram, more shots of the mobo points, etc. It's not that I can't figure it out on my own (it's just a deviation from the original multibios tsop mod), but I would just feel more comfortable doing it if I started with examples and detailed info ready at hand. And thank's Ant2483, I have been hoping for something like this for awhile now.  I raise my glass to you. beerchug.gif

joniS

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2003, 07:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (52volts @ Apr 26 2003, 06:16 AM)
Hey Xfire I tried your method and it hosed my TSOP completely, I had on A19 and on when I flashed my tsop wth a x2+x2 bin. Now my box wont boot at all with the switch off, and it freez with the the swith on with or without a CD. err 16 and a bunch of other err. SOMEONE HELP

Well maybe next time you will read before you flash your bios.
What you need is to have a on <-> on switch  like this vcc <-- A19-->ground.
Then you can boot up your xbox, with the x2 bios, and then you should change back your orginal dashboard to xboxdash.xbe and rename the evox-dashboard to evoxdash.xbe.

/C

freedheroin

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »

...what do i do first?...do i put the switch first after jumpering my mobo for onboard flashing or flash first my onboard bios before putting a switch?...thanks!:)

would this work?:
4034 orig 256k_bin + 4034 orig 256k_bin + Evo-x D.6 256k_bin + Evo-x D.6 256k_bin+

I've used x2bm in making this & ive checked it w/ bios checker...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14