xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Multiversion Compatible Tsop Tutorial  (Read 6472 times)

Intelligoth

• Archived User
Multiversion Compatible Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #195 on: November 25, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »

This procedure worked PERFECTLY!  Here's my steps if anyone cares to repeat:

1 - Used Executer Bios Manager v 1.1 to create 512K BIN files of Executer 4979_06 and original MS 3944 BIOSes.
2 - Wired a SPDT switch to Ground <- A19 -> VCC.
3 - The Xbox already had Executer 4977 flashed on the TSOP, so I booted up with the first bank selected on the switch.
4 - FTP'd the BIOS files to c:BIOS on the Xbox HDD.
5 - Selected the Evox Flash BIOS option.
6 - Chose Executer 4979_06 512K BIN and flashed the first bank.
7 - After the Xbox powered off, restarted up into Evox and used ConfigMagic to lock the HDD.
8 - Powered off Xbox, switched to Second bank, booted up Xbox.
8 - Selected the Evox Flash BIOS option.
9 - Chose MS 3944 512K BIN and flashed the second bank.
10 - After the Xbox powered off, restarted up into MS Dash.

No problems, and thankfully because the Xbox had already been modded for a TSOP flash, I didn't need to mess with any 007 exploits.

NightAu

• Archived User
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »

Please help. I have a 1.1 xbox, and can flash the bios with no problems. I've installed a SPDT switch, connected A19 to center, and Vcc (3.3v) and ground to the other 2 poles.

When I flash my bios with a 512K x2_4977 bios, with the switch grounded, it works fine.  But when I turn off the xbox, switch to Vcc, it boots up to the same x2_4977 bios!  So I tried to flash the Vcc side of the TSOP with a 512K BLUE_4977 bios, no problem, boots fine with the blue start up screen. But when switched to ground, it also boots to the BLUE bios!

Well, I've checked the connections and the solder points, they all seemed solid and secure.  I've checked with a multimeter.  Also checked the switch itself, which is fine also.

Can someone please give me some clues?

B1ff

• Archived User
« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2003, 08:07:00 AM »

Is there anything in particular one would need to pay attention to when putting in this ground/A19/VCC TSOP 512KB split switch mod, when there is a modchip (Xecuter v1.1) already installed? Is it safe to connect to VCC on the LPC even though there is a modchip connected to the same pin?

I don't need to be able to flash the TSOP from the X1. I don't want to remove the modchip either. The X1 has an on/off switch. I have 007AUF for the TSOP flashing.

What I'd like to end up with is:
Modchip switch on, TSOP switch either way = Xecuter v1.1
Modchip switch off, TSOP switch on = Xecuter v2 or other
Modchip switch off, TSOP switch off = retail

Is this possible?

B1ff

• Archived User
« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (B1ff @ Dec 13 2003, 05:56 PM)
What I'd like to end up with is:
Modchip switch on, TSOP switch either way = Xecuter v1.1
Modchip switch off, TSOP switch on = Xecuter v2 or other
Modchip switch off, TSOP switch off = retail

To answer my own post, I managed to set it up exactly like that. I can now choose to boot X1, X2 or plain ole 4034. This TSOP flashing stuff is sweet laugh.gif

Had a bitch of a time with the soldering on A19 though, the stiff wire I soldered on pulled the connect point right off the back of the board and lifted the trace with it  unsure.gif .. next attempt, followed the trace to a smaller green connect point, tried to solder on some more flexible wire on there, just couldn't get a solid solder bridge in there, aargh..

Then looked at the top side of the board for an alternative A19, found it (close to D0) and soldered my wire there without problems.

Now I'm wondering, why do these tutorials make people take out their boards and solder on the underside when everything one needs for the TSOP switch is right there on top, A19, 3.3V and ground..  blink.gif

B1ff

• Archived User
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2003, 12:45:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

H3rEye51nRoam

• Archived User
« Reply #200 on: December 24, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »

I have a question. So if I use this and just want half the original bios can I just go ahead and wire the switch and flash one half w/ the bios I want. If I did that would I still be safe? Thanks.

derived

• Archived User
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2003, 04:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (H3rEye51nRoam @ Dec 25 2003, 03:34 AM)
I have a question. So if I use this and just want half the original bios can I just go ahead and wire the switch and flash one half w/ the bios I want. If I did that would I still be safe? Thanks.

Yes thats safe.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]