xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Multiversion Compatible Tsop Tutorial  (Read 6469 times)

caster420

• Archived User
Multiversion Compatible Tsop Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

Yes, it works on both v1.0 and v1.1 because they have 1meg tsops (256kb x 4 banks).  

Caster.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

I'm Gearing up to do this mod to one of my V1.0s I have laying around.

I was curious if it's possible to set it up with a 2 bank switch with the X2 5032 512K bios in one bank and an Original Bios in the other?

Also if I can use that bios is there a particular version of the Original Bios I should use on the other half?

Also, lordvader, the switch solder points image in your sig is top notch  beerchug.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 06:17:00 PM »

yep. with a 2 way switch any bios 512k or smaller will work (versions being comptible of course) so x2 5035 will work

for a 1.0 you want retail 4034 (if you have not flashed the TSOP yet just put the switch in frist and flash 512k x2 5035, it will leave the retail untouched on the other side)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

sweet  beerchug.gif

That's what I figured just wanted to make sure. It's been almost a year since I flashed anything.

The bios on this particular Xbox has already been flashed with an X2 something or other so I'm going to re-flash the whole thing over again.

FarM_

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2005, 05:14:00 AM »

Hi, even multi switched TSOP works for me now with retail bios.
I use 1x512 + 2x256 bioses,  X25035+Geuxdebug+retail4817.
Everything works fine after i resolder TSOP points and change switches

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2005, 07:29:00 AM »

Thanks for the help, I got it up and running. it was pretty simple  beerchug.gif

It was flashed with 1MB 4977 originally... I installed the switch and used raincoat to flash 5035 to one side and I cut an original 4034 in half and flashed that to the other side.

works like a champ biggrin.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »

After running with this setup for a few days my LCD-MOD came in so I needed to install a pin headder... Since the switch was soldered straight to the mobo I had to undo it completely to remove it.. one time was more then enough of a hastle.

I clipped the power leads to a dead fan I had and found an extra fan pin header I had laying around...

user posted image

I hot melted one end to the top of my mobo. So now when I need to remove the mobo for future mods I simply unclip the switch.

user posted image

The 3 prong fan adapter worked well for a single switch. If I had 2 switches for a 4 way bios i probably would have opted to use a power lead for a flopy drive.

user posted image

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(sumdude @ Mar 29 2006, 07:35 PM) View Post

So, let me get this straight. solder a wire to the A19 point and on the middle of the on/on switch. then on the top part i solder one wire to the VCC spot and the bottom to the ground. flip the switch to the ground position and then flash the tsop or flip the switch to the VCC position and then flash?

Oh and I'll be using this switch here: http://www.radioshac...rentPage=family

it really doesn tmatter which postition you use, most folks liek to put the bios they will use the most on the ground side though (due to heat issues with the MCPX) a heatsink can alleviate most of these problems though

sumdude

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

Nevermind I think I get it now.

Ant2483

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »

Currently most people are following the tutorials on the web site to create a multibios tsop by grounding points A18 & A19. But using this method you cant use the newest multiversion bios and I was unable to get it to work at all with a V1.1 box.

A much better way is to make a switch that switches from A19-->ground & A19-->vcc. This forces the box to only read from half the tsop at a time without comparing different parts of the tsop. The easiest way I have found to connect A19 to vcc is to use this point on the lpc:

(IMG:http://www.xbox-scene.com/imageserver/ownmod/eprommod3xs.jpg)
(pic is from the back of the mobo)

I would suggest flashing the bios for the first time without the switch installed first because once installed (like I said before) the xbox can only read or write to half at a time. Ground will be top half, VCC will be bottom half. But after the switch is fully working you can flash half of the bios at a time with evox. Just boot up the box and have a 512k size bios in c:bios and you can then flash half of your tsop at a time.

I have tried this on both a v1.0 and a v1.1 and both have worked fine just make sure you use the correct original bios for each. I also see no reason why this wouldnt work with a switch on both A18 and A19. Then you could switch to 4 different bios banks and could flash to each bank at a time.

Anyways I hope more people were interested in something like this besides myself.

craigncheri

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2003, 06:22:00 AM »

can anyone verify this ?
I'll try this when I get home.

This post has been edited by craigncheri: Apr 24 2003, 02:01 PM

Ant2483

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

Believe me I have done it on both v1.0 and v1.1 and it works great. Give it a try.

craigncheri

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2003, 08:34:00 AM »

great I'll try it tonight on a 1.1 and verify this.
i've tried many times doing a multibios setup switching a19 to ground but never switched it to +vcc also.

This post has been edited by craigncheri: Apr 24 2003, 03:37 PM

Ant2483

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2003, 08:51:00 AM »

cool, be sure to post your results.

Reefer

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2003, 02:12:00 PM »

just tried this out! Works like a charm! I now have the retail bios + x2 4976.02 on the TSOP :) Great work mate! Big ups to you for solving this problem!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14