xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Multiversion Compatible Tsop Tutorial  (Read 6471 times)

Zedek

• Archived User
Multiversion Compatible Tsop Tutorial
« on: January 07, 2004, 04:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (war god @ Jan 7 2004, 01:40 PM)
What about this: http://xbox-linux.so...psplitting.html

Ignore that...those guys were hitting the crack pipe that day.

lamrith

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

OK, I have skimmed this thread and the tutorials section.  Apparently to "preflash" the full 1mb tsop I have to either;
1.  Have a mod chip of some sort
2.  Use the 007/mechassault hack with a memory card
3.  Have a PC running linux I can put a HDD into.

Do I have that right?  That is just the set-up prior to installing the switch and then flashing the tsop.  Once have the switch, then I flash the bios just like any other with a Evox dash CD?  I just need to pick what section of the bios to burn to right? top or bottom?  DO I have to preflash the TSOP if I use a Mod chip to do the flashing?

Basic situation;  I have a cheapmod installed with a 4979.06 already burned on it.

What I would like to do;

• boot with the cheapmod and a Evox dash CD with 512K version of 4979.06 on the CD or HDD.
  • Disable the cheapmod, enable the top half of the Tsop and flash with 4979.06 using the evox dash utility.
  • Leave the bottom half alone as retail for use with LIVE etc.

Will that work??  I could probably even use a different multi bios if I found something usefull, that way I could have the 4979.06 on the cheapmod (is not flashable at all), a retail (bottom of Tsop) and XXX Bios (top of TSOP).  The Cheapmod could be my emergency recovery chip in this situation. cool.gif

Once I had a mod BIOS on the Tsop the Cheapmod would stay disabled until I had a problem.  I would then load Evox/avalaunch on the HDD and proceed with the usuall HDD back-up and larger HDD swap etc..

Thanks for your patience, I just can't gather a clear pictue of the ENTIRE process start to finish from all the misc threads and tutorials. uhh.gif

incansun

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »

Can anyone provide a close up picture of a switch that was installed on the bottom of the Xbox motherboard? I know that the switch must be vcc-A19-Ground but I'm still not certain exactly where to solder the 3 wires to the bottom of the motherboard. I'd like to see a working picture of the finished product. Also, does anyone have the model number of the Radio Shack switch? I couldnt find it in this thread. Also, can anyone point me to a good tut on how to make a multiversion bios of the original xbox bios and xecutor 4977 (with the G Partition enabled) Thanks in advance and I apologize if this has been addressed.

Zedek

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 04:01:00 AM »

Radioshack part number is: 275-625A

If I can remember to bring my camera up here to work, i'll take a snapshot too..

illypso

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

i have think of an idea but i am not sure if it will work.

the problem is the wire that melt and the risk with the mcpx.
i know qe can use 3.3 vcc . but to be more sure not to make fried the mcpx
or to have more heat, can we use a 4 wire switch. in the midle, it would be the a19
, the 2 other end would be the ground and the vcc and the other would be nothing.
we could boot the xbox with the bios of our choice and then put it the nothing position after the boot. like that there would be no electricity going around and no more danger.
i need a confirmation if it would work with no other danger.

thank you

illypso

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

i have receive an answer somewere else on that forum so you dont need to answer me back.
thank you.

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 06:04:00 AM »

no and no, sorry.

A@ron

^Matmn

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2004, 11:26:00 PM »

i had my switch installed along with an xecuter 2.3b, and when i booted with the chip enabled the xbox would frag right away (switch at vcc).  with the switch at ground, i could boot from the modchip, but it wouldn't let me flash anything, even with the chip out.  so i thought i could boot from the modchip with the flash protect switch off, then unplug the chip and flash my tsop.....nope....one more modchip bites the dust....those little bastards stink when they fry....

sss

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

is there any alternate vcc point?

Ohm

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

Hi
Why not cut the trace (A19) leading from the MXCPU to the flash-chip and then solder the switch(es) on the flash side of the gap?

The reason why we have the switches is that we control the adress bit 19, the MXCPU should not! If it wants to compare the four 256kB bioses then do it, all will be the same. Our tying of the adress-line (low or high) will then not short circuit the output A19 of MXCPU.  

//Ohm

-----------------------------------
Crystal (still not modded)
1.0 120GB Seagate, Evox M7
-----------------------------------

Ohm

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »

Me again

I think of cutting the trace near/at the flash chip so that no other chips on the (adress) bus are affected. I have read that Yzo soldered a 4k5 resistor in between the flash chip and the MXCPU in order to reduce the current, but why not just cut it?

//Ohm

Ohm

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »

Bump

FarM_

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

Ok about Bios compatibility

I have 1.1 box + ST - M29F080A i add 4 bank switch
heres a 256kbit bioses tested.

[EvoD6ef] + [X24981] + [EvoM7ef] + [X24983]  (works fine)

[retail 4817 X24981] + [EvoM7ef] + [X24981] (only ret. boot the console / kernel uncompatible i think uhh.gif )

[EvoM7ef fan 60%] + [X24981 color mod + fan 60%] + [EvoM7ef fan20%] + [X24981fan 20%]  ----- works fine

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(repukken @ Sep 20 2005, 08:53 PM)
Can anyone that has successfully did a 4 way tsop do a quick breakdown on what switches and what points where used. Also a quick breakdown on what procedure you used to flash the bios (eg: flashed each individual bio or created one big 1 meg that contained all bios).  Thanks!

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(repukken @ Sep 20 2005, 11:23 PM)
Is it true you don't need to flip the motherboard over in order to solder in the points or is this a false statement? BTW LordVader, thanks for the heads up smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14