xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tsop With James Bond 007 Patch And Linux  (Read 698 times)

rgtaa

• Archived User
Tsop With James Bond 007 Patch And Linux
« on: April 11, 2003, 04:46:00 PM »

Can someone post where and how to flash TSOP using 007 Bond Game and Xbox Linux.

Can it be done without sodering?

Can it be done without a Mod-chip?

Post How to Link ...

Thanks

P.S.  I have the Matrix chip and was thinking of getting another xbox ... so any info would be appreciated...  and I come to this Forum because you guys ROCK

P.S.S.  I posted this LInk in 3rd note ... but will add it here so we can CUT to the Chase! :)
Look at this LINK: http://www.xboxhacker.net/forums/index.php...ST&f=12&t=10609

http://www.xboxhacker.net/forums/index.php...ST&f=12&t=10800

Links work but if you have trouble go to directed xboxhacker page and go to forum and look for tsop  raincoat  007  linux stuff!  ... a few threads are there!

This is excerpt from one of them:
I'm doing a write up of a step by step procedure on how to put Linux on your X-Box and flash your TSOP with both 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 motherboards. Look for it this weekend in the IRC channels #xbox, #xbplayer and a few others. It's complete with pictures and alternate ways of doing everything. You can do which ever way you want to fit your needs.

Edit: It will be a PDF file

This post has been edited by rgtaa: Apr 12 2003, 01:55 AM

Samara

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 05:00:00 PM »

I wish I could say you rock too.

You come here and expect us to do all of the research, post how-to links etc when you don't deserve any of it.  Where is the effort on your part?  The fact that you asked whether or not you needed to solder anything is proof that you've done absolutely no research on your own whatsoever.

So here's your answer: Figure it out or at least try a little on your own.  Come back here with specific questions or problems and we'll be more than happy to help but don't expect us to hold your hand through the entire process.

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 05:45:00 PM »

Samara
yeah... you have only 11 messages more than me on this forum ... I would think you would be more respectfull for the people here...  and I understand why some of the PRO's here ...have dis-tain for some of the newbie's here.
I have Matrix chip as I say and modded it many months ago.
I have found other sites that are posting stuff ... but I don't TRUST them ...  I like the PRO's on this forum ....   Shut up if you don't have the answer....   Why don't you sit back and LISTEN for the ANSWER!  And not come down on me for asking SIMPLE and Direct Questions.
Obviously I did give hints about 007 game and xbox Linux ... but there are conflicting info about the HOW TO.
I did the research ... but it's not clear if soldering is required to TSOP... some are claiming they have flashed there TSOP with just O07 game and linux bin or Memory card ...with 1 meg bios ...  That is why I asked  VERY specify questions!
P.S.  Not all the guys here ROCK ... I respect the PRO's here ...not newbie's like Samara! :) :)  
P.S.S. Let's not Fight Samara ...  shut up and LISTEN!  ASSwipe! :)

THIS would be revolusionary if Mod chips are obsolete because of this! ...  I only found this out a few hours ago... but was checking here to see if it is legit!

Like I said ... I don't know if I trust it!  

This post has been edited by rgtaa: Apr 12 2003, 01:16 AM

Samara

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 07:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (rgtaa @ Apr 12 2003, 12:34 AM)
Samara
yeah... you have only 11 messages more than me on this forum ... I would think you would be more respectfull for the people here...  and I understand why some of the PRO's here ...have dis-tain for some of the newbie's here.
I have Matrix chip as I say and modded it many months ago.
I have found other sites that are posting stuff ... but I don't TRUST them ...  I like the PRO's on this forum ....   Shut up if you don't have the answer....   Why don't you sit back and LISTEN for the ANSWER!  And not come down on me for asking SIMPLE and Direct Questions.
Obviously I did give hints about 007 game and xbox Linux ... but there are conflicting info about the HOW TO.
I did the research ... but it's not clear if soldering is required to TSOP... some are claiming they have flashed there TSOP with just O07 game and linux bin or Memory card ...with 1 meg bios ...  That is why I asked  VERY specify questions!
P.S.  Not all the guys here ROCK ... I respect the PRO's here ...not newbie's like Samara! :) :)  
P.S.S. Let's not Fight Samara ...  shut up and LISTEN!  ASSwipe! :)

THIS would be revolusionary if Mod chips are obsolete because of this! ...  I only found this out a few hours ago... but was checking here to see if it is legit!

Like I said ... I don't know if I trust it!

Number of posts has nothing to do with intellect (or a lack thereof in your case).  If you look back over the posts that I have made on this forum I've never asked a question or made a post as idiotic and lazy as this one.  EVER.  So your rebuttal is stupid.

Any halfass search would reveal that you will ALWAYS need to solder to flash the TSOP.  The Xbox as it comes standard  does not have the two points connected.  So I quite simply don't believe you when you say you did research before posting here.

In any case arguing with you is pointless because I've already won.  No one with even a modicum of intelligence can read your replies and find you anything more than an imbecile.  I'm not going to answer your questions because you haven't asked anything worth thinking about.  Your original post before it was edited could be summed up with the following "I have a Matrix chip and I'm really inept.  Please answer questions for me that have been answered 100 times before because I am too lazy to do a search.  I respect you guys but expect you to work for me."

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »

samara!
Stop posting on this thread!
You idiot!

Flagg3

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »

While I haven't tried this method myself I can see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Either way it still isn't going to be as simple as you are imagining it will be.  Regardless of the method, in order to flash the 'TSOP' you will still need to bridge the two points on the motherboard in order to enable write access to it - so at the very least you will still need to open the xbox and do some soldering.  (Or alternatively if your dead set against soldering you can use conductive grease to connect the two points but this will require you to remove the motherboard.)

This wouldn't make modchips obsolete, people have been able to flash the TSOP for a long time now and there are definitely pros and cons to doing so.  If you were thinking that this would make hardware modification unnecessary, well that's not going to happen either - yet.  Either way to flash the TSOP will require some sort of initial investment.  (Whether it's buying or building a modchip or programmer, or buying 007 and a memory card.)

Flagg

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2003, 07:59:00 PM »

Yes... I guess I'm waiting to hear the HOW to ... to see if it's complicated!

I knew about soldering the points for months and if you go back you see i made posts about it ( for 4 or 5 months on this forum  and evolution page http://evox.xboxhackz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2677) ... I guess I was thinking the way some were writing this is a NEW way ... BRAND NEW! ...

So I wasn't sure if they found a way!

The new thing they say can FLASH TOSP  version xbox 1.1 and 1.2 xbox's  ...as far as could tell... no-one was able to Flash TOSP on those 1.1 and 1.2  box's!
So this is NEW stuff .... and one person posted a diferent 2 points to solder ...  but ... it was still un-clear  from the posts.  
So whatever you thought you KNEW bro's .... keep an open mind ...  I'm not new here ...  Sanara joined in late January ...and I joined last Nov! :)   ...  and I posted because I know some PRO's hang out here!  
On the other hand ... it could be FaKE ... so I came here ...and get blasted by Samara!  I wasn't expecting it ... so I came down on him!  Probably over-reacted to his childishness... and I apologise for Venting at him!   :luv:

This post has been edited by rgtaa: Apr 12 2003, 03:35 AM

exstazi

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2003, 09:26:00 PM »

Quote from: rgtaa,Apr 11 2003, 10:35 PM
Can someone post where and how to flash TSOP using 007 Bond Game and Xbox Linux.

Can it be done without sodering?

Can it be done without a Mod-chip?

Post How to Link ...

Thanks  

This post has been edited by exstazi: Apr 12 2003, 04:31 AM

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »

smile.gif

Can you Paste it here!  .... or give main points....
Like whether to solder or not .... solder points same or different ...  ect!
Or  Link to the site  ...   or Paste a portion of it!  smile.gif

Can you do it without opening the xbox with Memory CARD?  and 007 game ? Raincoat?
This is exciting NEWS and you must have been the person I was quoting!  

Thanks BRO!

exstazi

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (rgtaa @ Apr 12 2003, 03:21 AM)
Thanks for Posting! smile.gif

Can you Paste it here!  .... or give main points....
Like whether to solder or not .... solder points same or different ...  ect!
Or  Link to the site  ...   or Paste a portion of it!  smile.gif

Can you do it without opening the xbox with Memory CARD?  and 007 game ? Raincoat?
This is exciting NEWS and you must have been the person I was quoting!  

Thanks BRO!

u still need to solder inside the xbox ....only 2 points