xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2 Bios On Tsop  (Read 572 times)

Jiggaman

• Archived User
X2 Bios On Tsop
« on: December 20, 2002, 07:09:00 AM »

Hi,

I've been happily using a multibios on my TSOP for a few months now - (that is 4 different 256k bios images end to end chosen by grounding A18 and A19 with a switch on each)

so say 0 = grounded 1= ungrounded and

then

A18   A19
Bois1    0       0
Bios2    0       1
Bios3    1       0
Bios4    1       1

my original multibios was  1)Original4034 2)evox2.4 3)evox2.5 no ani and 4)evox 2.5 colormod

yesterday i decided to reflash the tsop with a new multibios image:

1) 4034 2) X2 - 4974 3) evox 2.6 4)evox d.6 ejectfix

so i made the new image and keeping both switches in ungrounded state i flashed the TSOP.

1) 4034 and 3)evx2.6 worked but not X2 or EvoxD.6, so i decided to rearrange the order and try again (booted with Evox2.6 portion of multibios which still worked) - but again same problem with X2 and Evox D.6

I redownloaded the problematic bioses incase it was corrupt and still same problem - evx 2.6 and 403retail bioses worked  but not x2 or D.6 -
mine is a V1.0 Xbox but obviously that isnt an issue with the dual boot bioses -

so anyone know wot the problem is?
is it that these bioses simply dont like a multibios configutation? reflashing to my old multibios all 4 bioses work fine so there is no physical problem like soldiering etc.

Thanks in advance

WiKKiD

• Archived User
X2 Bios On Tsop
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 07:34:00 AM »

Unfortunately I can't give technical specs as to why it isn't working, but I would definately say it's probably got something to do with the fact that the 2 bios' that won't work for you happem to be multi-bios' in themselves. (that being they work for both 1.1 and 1.0 boxes).

limbfilter

• Archived User
X2 Bios On Tsop
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 09:13:00 AM »

yeah, try the same thing but replace the d.6 bios with a different bios.

Jiggaman

• Archived User
X2 Bios On Tsop
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 07:01:00 PM »

Thanks for the input guys.

I did try replacing the D.6 bios and the X2 bios and the replacments DO work but I'm still interested in finding out why the two in question dont work...I too think its possibly to do with the fact they are multiboot (v1.0 and v1.1 compatible)....or maybe the two "competing" bioses dont like being with each other?

I would try flashing the whole TSOP with a 1mb version of X2 or D.6 (4 copies of the same 256k back to back) but I'm reluctant incase it doesnt boot at all after that .....because then I would be left with having to open my box to reflash the bad TSOP with the aid of another mod (which I no longer have as I borrowed a friends homebrew to do the job).

perhaps the omnipresent Opjose or Xantium have technical details as to why this might be happening?

Thanks all