xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Second Install Question  (Read 112 times)

bunglehaze

• Archived User
Second Install Question
« on: May 04, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

Hi chaps,

I am attempting to install an ICE chip on a 1.6 board and have run into problems again..

I tried to copy the Iceguide and ended up with FRAG, since then I have taken off the chip and the pogo pins are still there. My question is to save me having to rebuild the LPC points again (a job I was not comfortable doing and I believe the cause of the frag) is it possible to use the extra PCB that comes with the SP Ice kit?

As it stands I cant see a reason why not but would like verification before I try it out. Is there any reason why not? If so is there a way round it so I can use it?

cheers

leigh :D <

Rabid1

• Archived User
Second Install Question
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »

You have to use the white PCB with the wires on a 1.6, you have no choice for a solderless install.

This post has been edited by Rabid1: May 4 2005, 11:11 PM <

bunglehaze

• Archived User
Second Install Question
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »

rabid, this is not a solderless install, the pinheader is soldered in and rather than remove it (which I cant do tonight) I was kinda hoping to utilise it and use the extra pcb (meant for solderless 1.6 installs)

cheers

leigh :D <

bunglehaze

• Archived User
Second Install Question
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 02:22:00 AM »

^^bump^^ <

bunglehaze

• Archived User
Second Install Question
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 05:26:00 AM »

Well, im bummed out now...

I tried to re-solder the connections and accidentally lifted a trace on the board, so I now have a dead motherboard  :angry:

Contacted someone over here to repair it for me, looks like it will be the better part of £45 including postage... not having a good day.

cheers

leigh :angry:  :angry: <