xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installing A New Hard Drive  (Read 110 times)

deathx88

• Archived User
Installing A New Hard Drive
« on: April 15, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »

i've read guides and they've worked for other xboxs i've done but i'm now installing a 250 gig with a xenium sp ice ship on a 1.6 xbox

i re-read this guide so i could refresh my memory http://xbox.*******/scaramang/hdswap.html

at the part when you put in the new hard drive, your supposed to put in the boot disk and you should get evox, but instead i get back to xenium os
i wasn't sure what to do here so i just loaded up the bios from the launch menu an it went to the evox opening but then it froze up and i got an error 13, which is no dash or unable to load up whatever

how the hell would i do this according to the guide, this isn't like other times

i guess i'm a noob at this stuff again  unsure.gif <

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 11:47:00 PM »

um... looks like the link is out, i don't think x-s allows that so they blocked it out  ph34r.gif

i hope you guys can understand what i'm talking about without that link <

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »

i've been doing some research

would i have to put my new hard drive in replace of the dvd drive, set the new drive as a slave and then run drive upgrade wizard  huh.gif

and then it should guide me through upgrading right

edit: i tried and put the new hdd in the dvd space, but that doesn't make sense, there are the two cables one can fit but the other for the dvd drive doesn't go into the hard drive

i really need some help now, i think i'd rather do it the slayers way but i can't get it to work this way either, some help please

This post has been edited by deathx88: Apr 16 2005, 07:51 AM <

Dangerously_Cheesy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »

The IDE cable doesn't fit??? That doesn't sound right, maybe try again? Make sure that the new drive is set to "slave" as well. <

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dangerously_Cheesy @ Apr 16 2005, 06:18 AM)
The IDE cable doesn't fit??? That doesn't sound right, maybe try again? Make sure that the new drive is set to "slave" as well.

no i didn't mean it didn't fit, i mean theres another slot to plug in different wires, on the primary one this is were you would plug the red, yellow, and black wires into
not unless i don't need to do that for the slave

i decided to try the slayers way again, so i put the new hard drive only and yes i did switch it back to master, but now when i turn on my xbox my chip flashes red and my xbox won't turn on  uhh.gif <

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

You need a Y molex power splitter to give power to the second hard drive. <

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 07:24:00 PM »

i figured it out, i guess the cd i was using didn't work with that drive,
i used an older dashboard cd to get it working and everything works fine now <