xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spice Failure When "warm" - Poor Reliability?  (Read 101 times)

professorx_uk

• Archived User
Spice Failure When "warm" - Poor Reliability?
« on: April 15, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

I am a newbie to the xbox mod scene and have just installed the spice on my xbox v1.4 (doubt if t's a 1.5). Fitting wasn't a problem...once I realised that earlier versions of the ice board and pictures show it pointing in the opposite direction to what it should be! Anyway, it powered up fine and I was in the Xanium OS, after several successful restarts I left the machine on for about 10 minutes whilst I prepared the bios on cdrw. I then restarted the xbox and got the red light status and the 3x boot with FRAG symptoms that a lot of people have experienced.
I also got to the M$ config to enter the date/time again suggesting that the memory had been reset in some way. Opening the cd tray whilst in this state was hit and miss.
I switched off/on the power several time with the same symptoms but once I had absolutely nothing, no video/sound only the constant read light of the xanium ice.

Disconnecting the ice board and leaving the adaptor connected allowed xbox to boot normally.

The next day however, I tried the xbox again and hey presto it worked again! This time I was able to install the altenate bios and boot from an EvolutionX cdrw smile.gif
However, after playing a while I went to restart the xbox and the problem is back sad.gif

Has anyone had similar experiences of this kind of thing and what could be the cause and/or cure ???

So far I havn't been impressed with the mod's reliability!

TIA

uhh.gif
 <

Dangerously_Cheesy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »

there is no such thing as an xbox v1.5...but thats besides the point

I would sincerely suggest you go ahead and make sure the adapter is installed 100% securely. Make sure the lil gold wires are WITHIN the vias and not sitting ontop of them. this is your problem and can easily be fixed with a little fidgeting tongue.gif good luck! <

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »

1.5's do exist, but again thats besides the point.  Check your allignment, and if you have a multimeter, check your voltages, the correct ones are in my sig.  Its also possible your os is corrupt, you may wanny recover it. <

Dangerously_Cheesy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »

Show your proof of their existance. <

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 12:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dangerously_Cheesy @ Apr 16 2005, 04:21 AM)
Show your proof of their existance.

are you serious  wink.gif <

Dangerously_Cheesy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 01:10:00 AM »

Actually I am serious. Besides a connected pin (OHNOES THAT MEANS A WHOLE NEW BOARD) there is NO proof of a v1.5.

It's more like a 1.4b than anything. <

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

I know for a fact theres at least one person on this board who has one (forgot his name).  Let's not start this debate again.  He can't claim the prize because its already modded. <

Dangerously_Cheesy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »

Hehehehe. Just saying...  biggrin.gif <