xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Ice Problems - Please Help A Stupid Noob  (Read 124 times)

Harr3ll

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Problems - Please Help A Stupid Noob
« on: April 15, 2005, 02:06:00 AM »

OK, so I had my XBOX 1.6 rigged with an M8 bios and evolutionx dash.  Normally, I turn the XBOX on and it goes to the Xenium OS menu, I choose the Launch Menu, then choose Evox M8, and evolutionx boots up. My roommate's friend screwed around with it, not knowing what he was doing, and now Evox M8 is just totally gone from the Launch Menu, and when I try and boot the Retail Kernel, I get a blinking red and green light with an error code 05.  How do I get Evox M8 back on the launch menu?  I don't know what happened to it.  I just bought friggin Jade Empire and I can't play it!  Please help!

<

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 02:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(Harr3ll @ Apr 15 2005, 01:01 AM)
OK, so I had my XBOX 1.6 rigged with an M8 bios and evolutionx dash.  Normally, I turn the XBOX on and it goes to the Xenium OS menu, I choose the Launch Menu, then choose Evox M8, and evolutionx boots up. My roommate's friend screwed around with it, not knowing what he was doing, and now Evox M8 is just totally gone from the Launch Menu, and when I try and boot the Retail Kernel, I get a blinking red and green light with an error code 05.  How do I get Evox M8 back on the launch menu?  I don't know what happened to it.  I just bought friggin Jade Empire and I can't play it!  Please help!

For your retail kernel/error 05, lock your HDD from the Xenium OS (Disk Tools --> Lock HDD) and you'll be good to go.

As for you bios, sounds like he deleted it from the chip. No big deal, just reflash it the same way you did the first time smile.gif <

Vasher

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »

^ I second the motion... <

Harr3ll

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 01:47:00 AM »

Fortunately, I remembered I backed up the bios on the hdd, so I just added Evox as an item from flash.  And the hd locking worked.  thanks for all your help, you guys rock! <

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 01:51:00 AM »

i wonder what people are thinking when they randomly press buttons and change stuff on xboxes and computers. (especially when its not even theirs!) <

bgbliss

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »

can someone help
i order the XENIUM-SOLDERLESS  Xenium ICE  chip it has been working for about 3 month but my hd waas starting to freeze a lil bit sometimes but all of a sudden i cut it off and now it will not do anything. i can acsess it through my ftp but it will not boot or anything... can anybody help me. i am in the hampton roads area in va.  you can reach me here or [email protected]
 <

Dangerously_Cheesy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 07:54:00 AM »

Your statement is a little redundant so excuse me if I ask for some more information maybe?

If the Xenium OS boots up fine and all of that jazz then what occurs when you attempt to boot into either Retail or a bios? Is there an error? <