xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Got A New Sp Ice, Can't Get Evox To Load  (Read 174 times)

deathx88

• Archived User
Got A New Sp Ice, Can't Get Evox To Load
« on: April 14, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »

my friend went ahead and bought a s.p. ice for his 1.6 xbox and he wanted me to install it

since i've never done a xenium before i would have to read up on how to do everything

so far i've installed the chip and it boots up in the xenium OS v 2.0.1

i decided to do the ftp way since thats easier for me

i've been reading alot of tuts tonight and so far i've copied the bios to the c:
it didn't say in any folders so i put it in the root

i went to add new item, then flash then i went into c: and selected x2 4983.06 since thats the bios i'm flashing
but i'm not sure if im SUPPOSED to flash a evoxM8 or whatever

then it says to get the dashboard ftp over the evox.ini and the evoxdash.xbe

i put both of those on the root of c: and then i guess im supposed to run the x2 4983 06 bios again or something like that

but every time i boot this item it just takes me back to the xenium os again and its really pissing me off because i've been up for a while trying to read everything and it still doesn't work for me

i wish this would just install like i installed my chameleon, that was easier

so what the hell am i doing wrong, im pretty sure it flashed correctly because i picked green and now it flashes green when its on

help please

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(deathx88 @ Apr 14 2005, 09:32 PM)
my friend went ahead and bought a s.p. ice for his 1.6 xbox and he wanted me to install it

since i've never done a xenium before i would have to read up on how to do everything

so far i've installed the chip and it boots up in the xenium OS v 2.0.1

i decided to do the ftp way since thats easier for me

i've been reading alot of tuts tonight and so far i've copied the bios to the c:
it didn't say in any folders so i put it in the root

i went to add new item, then flash then i went into c: and selected x2 4983.06 since thats the bios i'm flashing
but i'm not sure if im SUPPOSED to flash a evoxM8 or whatever

then it says to get the dashboard ftp over the evox.ini and the evoxdash.xbe

i put both of those on the root of c: and then i guess im supposed to run the x2 4983 06 bios again or something like that

but every time i boot this item it just takes me back to the xenium os again and its really pissing me off because i've been up for a while trying to read everything and it still doesn't work for me

i wish this would just install like i installed my chameleon, that was easier

so what the hell am i doing wrong, im pretty sure it flashed correctly because i picked green and now it flashes green when its on

help please

You need a 1.6 compatible bios. 4983 is not. FLash m8plus_16, specifically the PBL_metoo release if you want live blocking, and you'll be good to go. (You can try the new X2 beta bios too, tho I'd wait for a final release...)

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »

can the m8plus_16 bios support 250gigs on the F: partition only

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »

Yep as long as you edit it first with evotool.

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

i found out that you can also get the m8 plus 16lba and then you don't have to use evotool

but anyway is this on xbins, because i can't find it on there or anywhere else ;)

i just wish i could use my x2 bios  :(

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(deathx88 @ Apr 15 2005, 02:57 PM)
i found out that you can also get the m8 plus 16lba and then you don't have to use evotool
but anyway is this on xbins, because i can't find it on there or anywhere else ;)

i just wish i could use my x2 bios  :(

It's not on xbins because xbins isn't hosting evox now for.. complicated reasons.. in any case, ygpm. :)

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(appleguru @ Apr 15 2005, 09:09 PM)
It's not on xbins because xbins isn't hosting evox now for.. complicated reasons..

are the reasons not to be spoken of or what, because i'm interested in knowing exactly why there not on there  :ph34r:

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »

Theres some kind of retarded feud, I'm better than you bs.  Anyway, no evox is on xbins and haven't been for a few months now.

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 05:06:00 PM »

If you think about the team who created evox or EVOLUTIONX, you might find the files on some .COM