xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Some Help Please  (Read 71 times)

petrman

• Archived User
Need Some Help Please
« on: April 13, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »

Heres my setup
xenium ice chip sodered in
120 gig wd hd
version 1.4 xbox

I was running avalaunch dash hit restore eeprom, or something to that effect (accident I swear)  After that all I got was a flashing red light on the box. and my xenium was red however no xenium and no xbox video with or with out chip installed.  So I screwed up my eeprom and my xenium bios on my chip I thought.  I restored my xenium bios and the tried to load my ms dash from the tsop to one of the banks on my chip. It went on the chip fine however It wouldn't run it would just loop after ther flubber screen.So at this point I flashed my eeprom using configmagic off the harddrive in unleashx.  Worked great but I noticed I had a 1.1 version afterwards.  What I saw it was no biggie 1.1 should work with a 1.4.  So I went to load my ms bios from the tsop again.  Still the same thing.  So I went to the usual site took the 5838 kernel that matched the kernel displaying in the sytem info in evox.  But it won't go. I was figuring maybe cause the tsop is for a 1.4 and my eeprom is a 1.1 is where my problem lies.  So I'm assyuming I can just by a 1.4 eeprom from zodiak or whomever and everything should be fine?   Any input  I would greatly appreciate.   I also tryed booting the ms bios threw evox, avalaunch and unleash x it just turns black for a sec and then back to whatever dash I was using.  All other functionality threw all other dashes work no problem (avalaunch, unleashx, evox)  I need ms obviosly for live.  Yes I did switch harddrives to  in there somewhere cause of the mariage theory.
Again any help I would greatly appreciate.
Thanks
 :uhh:

This post has been edited by petrman: Apr 14 2005, 02:14 AM <

appleguru

• Archived User
Need Some Help Please
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(petrman @ Apr 13 2005, 06:01 PM)
Heres my setup
xenium ice chip sodered in
120 gig wd hd
version 1.4 xbox

I was running avalaunch dash hit restore eeprom, or something to that effect (accident I swear)  After that all I got was a flashing red light on the box. and my xenium was red however no xenium and no xbox video with or with out chip installed.  So I screwed up my eeprom and my xenium bios on my chip I thought.  I restored my xenium bios and the tried to load my ms dash from the tsop to one of the banks on my chip. It went on the chip fine however It wouldn't run it would just loop after ther flubber screen.So at this point I flashed my eeprom using configmagic off the harddrive in unleashx.  Worked great but I noticed I had a 1.1 version afterwards.  What I saw it was no biggie 1.1 should work with a 1.4.  So I went to load my ms bios from the tsop again.  Still the same thing.  So I went to the usual site took the 5838 kernel that matched the kernel displaying in the sytem info in evox.  But it won't go. I was figuring maybe cause the tsop is for a 1.4 and my eeprom is a 1.1 is where my problem lies.  So I'm assyuming I can just by a 1.4 eeprom from zodiak or whomever and everything should be fine?   Any input  I would greatly appreciate.   I also tryed booting the ms bios threw evox, avalaunch and unleash x it just turns black for a sec and then back to whatever dash I was using.  All other functionality threw all other dashes work no problem (avalaunch, unleashx, evox)  I need ms obviosly for live.  Yes I did switch harddrives to  in there somewhere cause of the mariage theory.
Again any help I would greatly appreciate.
Thanks
 :uhh:

Well, first off, 5838 is a 1.6 kernel; if you have a 1.4, your kernel is more likely 5713.. :) <

petrman

• Archived User
Need Some Help Please
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(appleguru @ Apr 13 2005, 07:12 PM)
Well, first off, 5838 is a 1.6 kernel; if you have a 1.4, your kernel is more likely 5713.. :)

Well I know its a 1.4 and thats what evos told me was my kernel.  I will try the 5713 as you pointed out thanks.  But how do I split the bios isn't each bank on the xenium 256?  A little clarification Appleguru and thanks for the help! <

appleguru

• Archived User
Need Some Help Please
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(petrman @ Apr 13 2005, 06:17 PM)
Well I know its a 1.4 and thats what evos told me was my kernel.  I will try the 5713 as you pointed out thanks.  But how do I split the bios isn't each bank on the xenium 256?  A little clarification Appleguru and thanks for the help!

XOS2 has virtual banks, so the size of the bios doesn't matter much ;) But, at the same time, if you don't want the bios taking up your whole chip, you should split it. There are several bios splitters availible; check the tools section on the main xbox-scene.com page :) <

petrman

• Archived User
Need Some Help Please
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »

Tried that version bios same results fubber screen fine when it gets to saying xbox it just loops there.
Would it be my eeprom flashed badly? and thats it.

This post has been edited by petrman: Apr 14 2005, 02:33 AM <

petrman

• Archived User
Need Some Help Please
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »

bump!! still no takers on solving this?? <

petrman

• Archived User
Need Some Help Please
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 11:30:00 AM »

got another eeprom still no luck.  Everything works except the damn xbox dash any help please. :uhh: <