xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenuim Ice W/ Sp Adapter - Frag  (Read 102 times)

GoldenGlove

• Archived User
Xenuim Ice W/ Sp Adapter - Frag
« on: April 12, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »

I installed my Xenium Ice with the SP Adapter a while ago.  I've been using it with EvoX for weeks now.  Today I get a frag.  I checked the connections and everything is fine.  I have no idea what else it could be.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »

Most likely the lpc came unalligned.  Remove it and reallign it.

GoldenGlove

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »

Well everything seems to work, but if I place the chip back in, it frags.  The LEDs show as if the adapter is set.  Any reason why the chip would stop working?  Has anyone else had this problem?

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

Its possible the os got corrupt, flip the recovery switch and put in a cdrw/dvdr with the recovery.bin file on it along with some dummy files.

GoldenGlove

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

Well, now it looks like I may have a larger problem.  After removing the chip and adapter, the XBox no longer loads normally.  After the XBox logo, I get the "Service required" screen with a #05.  If anyone can give me some info, it would be appreciated.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »

Your hard drive is not locked.  If you upgraded it, try putting the original back in if you didn't unlock it.

GoldenGlove

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »

Unfortunately it is the original and I am almost certain that it is unlocked.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

I'm completely certain its unlocked, thats why your getting error 5, I thought that you may have upgraded your hd and never locked it.  If you don't have a backup of your eeprom or hdd key then your only option is to keep trying to get the adapter to allign.

GoldenGlove

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

I'm at a loss for what to do next.  The connections are fine, but I cannot get it to boot.  I did back up the eeprom, but I did so in the OS and I didn't receive an option for a hard copy (if that is what I need).  I'm hoping there is some way to fix this.  If buying a new harddrive would work, I would be more than happy to do so.  If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks for the help acemilo.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »

A new hard drive will not help you.  Honestly at this point if you cannot get the adapter to allign you have 2 options: either solder it in or pay someone to solder it for you.  Without a copy of the eeprom on your pc and with the original hd locked, you can't do anything without a chip now.

GoldenGlove

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

If I had a backup eeprom, would I be able to do anything with it?

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(GoldenGlove @ Apr 15 2005, 09:56 PM)
If I had a backup eeprom, would I be able to do anything with it?

You don't need an eeprom. Acemilo is correct in you have to get the chip working again. Going back to:

Well, now it looks like I may have a larger problem. After removing the chip and adapter, the XBox no longer loads normally. After the XBox logo, I get the "Service required" screen with a #05. If anyone can give me some info, it would be appreciated.

At this point the problem is with the D0. If this is still happening then you need to look at the d0 and make sure it is in the via not gounding on the edge or against the chip. When you were getting frag did it reboot or just straight frag? If it was just straight frag then the problem was with the LPC, the pins not making contact somewhere. There is not a problem with the HD.

So the best way to do this is to start from scratch. After you have removed the chip and S.P. adapter boot the xbox and make sure it is still working. If it isn't look for possible damage around the LPC like a scratched or broken trace. Make sure the wires are in the vias not on the edge or grounding against another via. All 5 lights does not mean good contact, verify.  If the xbox frags and reboots look at the wires again. Use the rivets on the LPC since this is where your problem started.

When trying to trouble shoot remember the 2 basic rules of thumb, Red LED on chip+FRAG=LPC, Red LED on chip+Msdash=d0.

GoldenGlove

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

Basically what I am getting is, on/off/on/off/frag.  I keep reseating the adapter, but as soon as I add the chip, that is the result.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »

I can tell you for sure its not the d0.  Try burning the os recovery bin to a cdrw as per xodus' instructions, then flick the recovery switch and turn the xbox on and put in the disc.  If the led starts going nuts let it go until the xbox turns off.  Then flip the switch back and turn it on and take out the disc and see if that works.

GoldenGlove

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »

Thanks alot.  I'll give it a go.