xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Old Xenium And Xenium Ice Are Different?  (Read 114 times)

Luka71

• Archived User
Old Xenium And Xenium Ice Are Different?
« on: April 10, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »

Hi all! Well, I'm a poor newbiee and I'm waiting for my modded Xbox with a Xodus modchip. Well, I've asked for a Xenium Ice,and (at the shop) they give into my hands a blue/sort of green modchip!I say: but the Xenium Ice is WHITE, and that's not! It's a clone! The guy say no!It's a real Xenium...ecc. I saw on teamoxdus site the pictures of original/fake and a remember that one point in the pictures is the same I saw at the store (a famous store here in Italy)the others don't remember..Somebody sad to me that maybe (probably) they are trying to sell me an Old Xenium.
Or maybe, the Team Xodus have just re-design it when they have broken the commercial alliance whit other studio. So, simply a new colour and a new name for the same modchip,in order to only distinguish itself to the other. Well, I really hope is that!

So,finally my questions:
0)Xenium Ice is ONLY white ?
1)Which differences between an "old" Xenium and a "new" Xenium Ice?
2)It's just a software question?
3)It's right to pay an old version 44,90 euros? (+20 for installation)
Thanx a lot to everybody, it's very important for me! I'm sorry for my bad english :uhh:

Ah! my Xbox is a 1.0 or 1.1 ver. Thompson drive <

mitch2025

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

its probably a Xenium Blue but you said it was a Bluish green though so im not sure <

Luka71

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »

Ehm..I'm so confused...I don't remember well:have it in my hand just for a coupple of seconds..Maybe was Blue,but,so what? It's a good version or is a fake?What do you suggest?Fist versionof Xenium was Blue,infact....But the differences between an Ice?
Thanx <

Vasher

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »

I know that 64.90 euros is way too much for an old chip.

Buy a Xenium Ice online from a notable store and install it yourself. <

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »

Yes, the blue xenium is an older version of the chip, yes the xenium ICE only comes with a white PCB... That price is a bit high, but... The only real difference between the ICE and xenium blue is software, which you can upgrade to the latest (Assuming these are genuine xeniums and not clones). (There are some hardware changes as well other than pcb color, but these only really affect those of us with 1.6 xboxen). <

spyman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »

just buy a xenium sp.ice (solderless pro) and do the installation yourself.  This way you know what you are getting.

The blue version is the older chip, but be careful there are a lot of clones out there for it.

over here an install goes for around $20-$50 canadian.  I personally do it for $20 because I get a lot of volume, specially since I let the buyer provide his own chip if wanted.  20 euros seems to be decent though for installation, especially if there arent a lot of installers around you.
 <

Luka71

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »

Here in Italy usually you pay 50/60 euros for an aladdin/akira2 + installation, so 20 euros just for installation is a good price. Well after that, some "banditos" make more... some persons are useful, and sell to innocent guys and want money to install software as dashboards or so on, when you can download free from the net...that's fuc...ng bussinness.

BTW, today I've call  the shop, and asked to have NEW Xenium Ice, the WHITE one! Well I want what I pay for, it is my right.  I do not want to get angry for this!
They said OK! No problems. You will get it! :D

Thanx you so much to all the guys. Still little days and I'll put on Xenium's family  :beer:

See you on the next post!
Luka :jester: <