xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: F Partition  (Read 124 times)

topgun1

• Archived User
F Partition
« on: December 27, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

hello i got a new maxtor 250gb hd to replace the old one because it was making wird noises so i ran the drive up grade wizerd but it only copyed C and E how can i get it to copy F because some of the games i copyed the disk wont read anymore.

topgun1

• Archived User
F Partition
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

i tryed the copy partition but in like 5 seconds it sayes its done so i looked in the new hd but nothing is in F any ideas why. I have the drive i want to copy to set a slave and the drive i want to copy from set as cable select. :grr:

sayguh

• Archived User
F Partition
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

haha relax dude.  First make sure you have xenium version higher than 2.0.0, version 2.0.0 and below had problems correctly copying partitions.  Especially the E drive.  Next, hook everything up how u had it.  Your new hard drive as slave with with it in the dvd ide slot and your old hdd as master where it normally is.  Do the hard drive upgrade again and it should say your hard drive is larger than 137 gigs would u like big F or G, (i selected big F) then it'll say would u like to copy the F partition also.  You say yes, it will say it can (and will) take moer than 24 hours.  I swere when i did it the first time, it didn't ask me to copy F, but when i did it the 2nd time it did.  I don't know if it's buggy or if i was just stupid and pressed buttons too quick or what.  Keep trying and don't get too POed.  I upgraded from 120 to 250 and it took 50 hours to copy the F partition.  That'll give u plenty of time to count to ten, take deep breaths and chant serenity now.   :P

Elf_Sniper

• Archived User
F Partition
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »

Rather than doing the whole process again, couldn't you just use the copy partition option in Xenium OS?

sayguh

• Archived User
F Partition
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 06:22:00 AM »

I know when I did it i didn't have much luck with the copy partition option, it said formating drive for over an hour when a drive format shouldn't take more than a few min.  Plus to format and copy the C and E drives takes about 5-10 min. So when you know copying the F drive is gona take much more than 24 hours it's not such a big deal.  

You can try the copy partition, i just had better luck with the hard drive upgrade.

halfelite

• Archived User
F Partition
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

It is a lot faster to do xbox to xbox or if you cant its even faster to transfer to pc then back to xbox. I dont understand why it takes so long when it shouldnt. But it does so network transfer is faster