xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My Xenium Died After About 6 Months!  (Read 172 times)

kingal89

• Archived User
My Xenium Died After About 6 Months!
« on: December 23, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

Ok. I got my chip back in feburary. I installed it using a chameleon solderless adapter. Everything worked perfectly until about end of august. Then when i turned on my xbox sometimes it would frag and sometimes it would go to xenium OS and sometimes it would just go to MS bios. This happened for about a month and then it just always went to the MS bios! So about 3 days ago i decided to open up my xbox and fix this bad boy. I spent about an hour and a half trying to re-set my xenium. Now whenever the mod chip is in place the xbox just frags. But when i take it out the xbox boots up fine to normal bios. More specifically, when i plug in the little d0 wire it frags, but when i have the chip just sitting in my xbox with the d0 not attached it doesn't  frag and goes straight to MS bios. I really dont' know what could have happened. I didn't delete any files off the chip or anything. Any suggestions would be fine b/c i really dont' want to buy another chip for 55 dollars!

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

Try getting another solderless - Xenium Ice solderless - don't buy the chip just solderless - if it doesn't work then your chip is gone

kris785426

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 11:35:00 AM »

does it frag if the unit is in recovery mode?

Not sure if you have access to another xbox but if you install it into another box does it do the same thing?

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

does it frag if the unit is in recovery mode?

Not sure if you have access to another xbox but if you install it into another box does it do the same thing?

Try with other xbox

kingal89

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

I don't have another xbox to test it on. What difference would it make if it was in recovery mode? If they chip doesn't even boot up the xbox then will that even matter. I am thinking that it could possible be the chameleon adapter that is messed up. So i will probably try to buy the special adapter for the xenium. But how come when ever  i plug in the d0 wire it frags? Couldn't that mean there is something wrong with the chip.

kingal89

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

So should i just buy something like this?

Here

and see if that fixes the problem?

I still don't see why the solderless adpater would be messed up, if when i plug in the d0 wire the box frags......Doesn't that mean there is something wrong with the chip.

This post has been edited by kingal89: Dec 23 2004, 08:11 PM

kingal89

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

Do you think it might help if i put it in recovery mode? And then boot up my xbox.....Or should it still be fragging.

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »

Yes - you can buy a solderless like that - but if oyu don't want to spend your money in solderless to find out at the end that the chip is dead you can do this.

I also have a Xbox with Xenium Ice solderless - if you want - you can send you chip to me - i will test this chip on my xbox - to see if it works - i ahve references so i will not keep chip or anything like that - is just to test the chip - or if you ahve someone else that you trust - then send the chip to that person to test your chip - that way you don't spend money buying solderless. If chip wokrs - then buy the solderless -

I also have the pinheader - and cables - you can try using it - i can sell pinheader cables - external led and led cable - if you want -

kingal89

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »

O THANK GOD! My chip wasn't dead. It turns out that my OS got corrupted or something. So i just flipped the recovery switch and walla. It loaded my old OS or something. And then i flipped the switch again and booted up my xbox and it worked! I was scared for a second lol. To bad i didnt do this earlier lol.

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

Good, it works - update Xenium OS - theres a new version 2.2.1 -

kingal89

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

I did smile.gif as soon as i got it working again.

junbug178

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

I have a similiar problem, after a few months my xenium chip crap out on me.  I did the recovery thing and installed the latest OS.  It worked for one sitting and then the xbox started fragging again.

I would take my chip out but I solder it on.

Any ideas on what can be wrong..

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »

I have no ideas - but i can test your chip or sell my pinheader, cables, external led, led cable - if you need it

kris785426

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(kingal89 @ Dec 23 2004, 08:36 PM)
I don't have another xbox to test it on. What difference would it make if it was in recovery mode? If they chip doesn't even boot up the xbox then will that even matter. I am thinking that it could possible be the chameleon adapter that is messed up. So i will probably try to buy the special adapter for the xenium. But how come when ever  i plug in the d0 wire it frags? Couldn't that mean there is something wrong with the chip.

Good to see it is working, to answer the question just in case someone else reads this is booting it in recovery mode is in case the OS is corrupt. The recovery mode uses the very least amount of resources and doesnt even initialise the system memory. This is good to know if you are troubleshooting, if we know the unit can boot into recovery mode then we know there is no problem with the modchip and the pinheader/soldering work/solderless adapter/etc etc so the problem can only lay in the OS image.

I often get systems in for repair that have the red/orange flashing and this can mean one of two things, the reset signal on pin 5 of the lpc is not going to where it needs to be or there is a problem with the memory. Since the recovery mode does not need the memory then it can be booted and again it is used in the aid of troubleshooting in which case if the unit does not boot in recovery mode we know it is the reset signal, if it does then we know it is the memory.

So not only is the xenium used for standard modding but it is very handy to have when repairing systems and troubleshooting.

kingal89

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »

I did smile.gif as soon as i got it working again.
Pages: [1] 2