xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Nba Jam,nfl Blitz, Metal Slug 3  (Read 63 times)

ihateviolence

• Archived User
Help With Nba Jam,nfl Blitz, Metal Slug 3
« on: June 24, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

i'm trying to get these to work but have had no success? i'm using the latest version of mame on nba jam, and nfl blitz, but i still get the memory error.. are these just not playable? is there another version or emulator for any one of these?

on metal slug 3 i've tried on mame and kawa, and won't launch... am i missing something or is this just not playable either? thanks in advance

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

Not sure about NBA Blitz... but NBA Jam runs on MAMEoX, but not very well (slow and choppy).  Metal Slug 3 works great with KawaX.... do you have all the files named correctly?

Check your messages.

This post has been edited by Thraxen: Jun 25 2004, 12:52 AM

Prican24

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »

the lastest mameox doesn't play blitz do to memory error and wouldn't play good since xbox is low on memory and the cpu is crap for that game, so stick with the xbox versions of blitz ;)

as for nbajam, its best to use mame-x b6 since it uses a sound hack to play it faster

metal slug 3 for mame doesn't work unless you got the memory upgrade and for kawa-x you have to use a decrypted version (go to the pinned topic about kawa-x for help on that) fba-xxx plays the encrypted version and decrypted versions. and of course theres the xbox version but the rom is better in my eye

ihateviolence

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »

thankx prican, thraxen!!!!  :beer:  i have blitz for the xbox.. so i'll stick with that.. just didn't want to have to go from different emulator to xbox games ect......

nba jam works perfectly on mame-x ... except for the hacked audio :(  but atleast it works

last, sry about not ready the sticky on metal slug 3.... took me a while to get it working.. everything went cool except i didn't know where to find the neogeo.zip? finally found it and everything else worked good...  

thanks again guys for the help  :beer: