xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The 1.6 Lpc Rebuild Board  (Read 138 times)

Sandman69

• Archived User
The 1.6 Lpc Rebuild Board
« on: December 07, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »

I saw this Rebuild Board and was wonder if anyone has had any experience with using this with the xenium chip?  Is the installation the same as for the SmartXX, cuz I haven't seen any guides to use this with the xenium.  
Do you think this is a wise purchase?

n1fookey

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »

My experience from using a similar board:
http://www10.calypso.net/ci-115899/manzzon...ery_diagram.jpg
is that they're fine as long as you don't mess anything up. If you DO mess something up and need to check your solderpoints you're in for a major pain, especially if you feel you have to realign the PCB slightly.

In the end I wished I hadn't used the damn thing but gone for simple wires instead.
I have to say though that the board you're linking too looks better than the one I used.

Just my 5c

This post has been edited by n1fookey: Dec 8 2004, 12:17 AM

Sandman69

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »

Ok, for anyone who is wondering.  
So I went ahead and bought the LPC Rebuild Board made for the smartxx and used it to mod my new 1.6 xbox w/ a Xenium Ice.  One of the easiest mods I have ever done.  The rebuild board made it so easy.  I don't think I will ever go back to using the wire method.  When is team Xodus going to make one of these boards for their chip?

realmccloy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

I have to agree.  Anytime you can chip a 1.6 in less than 10 minutes it's a bonus.  I buy a lot of SmartXX's and I always get a few with the chips so I have a bunch laying around.  I just chipped a Xenium 1.6 and used it....what an incredibly easy mod!

Once nice piece of advice I read and used though is to make sure you just lay a tiny bit of solder down on the 6 pins that PCB goes over.  That way you are assured to have proper contact between the pin header, mobo, and PCB.

I know the SmartXX tutorial says to just solder the first 6 pins and then the next six only after you pop the PCB down and line it up, but a little solder will still allow you to lay the PCB nice and flat.

later all

incansun

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 03:05:00 AM »

I just bought four of these. Are the tuts that are provided (used on the smartx) the same for the xenium ice? I'm so used to soldering those little ass wires. I'm kinda of excited to try something new and hopefully easier.

markduncan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »

HI

I agree that using the rebuild board is a boon but.... I tried the smartxx one and while it works fine and dandy it seemed a little "fussy" &  over engineered

(mind you with them being german thats not a surprise)

So I tried one from (now dont laugh here)  from xenochip they make the alladin chip.

http://www.consolead...rogramming.html
that link shows you a pic half way down the page.

I know ts not listed as working on the xenium but it DOES I have used it many times to great effect.

In its construction it looks very similar in design to the one from team xecuter but as team xecuter are sneakily using a different pin layout to stop you fitting ANY other brand of modchip in their pin header layout its different  (and we all know what design assh.... sorry gods they are..., so if we buy into the bullshi... sorry hype it will solve world peace in a stroke)

but I digress off my team xecuter soapbox for now lol

the xenochip pcb is simple in it design and simple to install and as has alaways been the case in any engineering problem the simplest solution is always the best one.

And using this save me as an installer time and effort doing a wire lpc rebuild

Regards

realmccloy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »

Sorry, I use them on all my Xenium installs.  Right now they are hard to find.