xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error 05 Lock The Hd  (Read 163 times)

Zaajko

• Archived User
Error 05 Lock The Hd
« on: December 07, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

I had problems installing evoX on a xenium modded xbox so i put the HD in my personal xbox. Everything went fine but when i put the HD back in the Xenium HD i just get error 05. I fixed this xbox earlier with the stock HD and then it was that the HD wasnt locked. I thought i didnt have to lock it to boot to EvoX. Help me out plz. When i try to go to disc tool in the 2.0 pre release menu i just get a kernel panic! Maybe its something wrong with the ini file for evoX and it tries to boot to something else before EvoX dash?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Error 05 Lock The Hd
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »

check that you are booting the hdd with a homebrew bios. Only the ms bios would give you error 5, because it is the only one that wont allow the xbox to boot if the hd is unlocked.

Zaajko

• Archived User
Error 05 Lock The Hd
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »

i got this from my cousin to install EvoX on it. Have no idea how to install bios. Could you give me some minor tips how to check etc and how to upgrade a bios? ;)

Zaajko

• Archived User
Error 05 Lock The Hd
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

read around on this forum and i tested to go into xenium OS and make a new "profile" in the launch menu. But when i chose launch from HD it went nutts and get the same kernel panic as i got earlier on the disc menu. Also got it when i tried using the builtin ftp in the xenium 2.0 pre release and it restarted in 2 seconds. <_<

Dangerously_Cheesy

• Archived User
Error 05 Lock The Hd
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

@Zaajko: The XOS 2.0 Beta 2 is just a buggy piece of poop. Update your OS now to correct all the disk tool and network problems (Check my tutorial on how to in my sig).

Make sure that you are indeed booting with a hacked BIOS. What method of install did you use when puttin in the new drive?

Zaajko

• Archived User
Error 05 Lock The Hd
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

i used slayers 2.6 on my xbox but made sure that the HD was unlocked when i took it out from my xbox so it woulnt bug the other. Tested the HD on my xbox and it worked like a charm. :rolleyes:

Zaajko

• Archived User
Error 05 Lock The Hd
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

i read through your HOWTO earlier but i got some problems with doing it that way. The phillips dvd reader in my cousins xbox is a piece of ****. Used 10 different DVD RW - R cd RW and R and it doesnt read anything. I got the thompson in mine and read atleast 2/3 of them. I can just remove the top and wire my DVD reader to my cousins xbox though so i can do it with some modifications. Also gotta make a phone call to him then to find out exactly what kind of chip he uses. Only used Executer 2 on mine and some other xboxes i modified. I know he got Xenium but no idea what else.
Maybe its the OS that crap all over the HD? 120 gb WD.

The chip have nothing to do with the OS ? right.. ?
What about the bios?
:rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Zaajko: Dec 7 2004, 08:32 PM

Zaajko

• Archived User
Error 05 Lock The Hd
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »

also. I get this message and a black screen when i try to use the disk tool menu, try to launch via Harddrive on the launch menu and trying to ftp into the Xenium OS.

(Xenium OS KERNEL PANIC!
Exception C0000005 (0) Generated at B99FE514 (00B3E514) )

:grr:
this xbox would be roadkill if it was mine.

Dangerously_Cheesy

• Archived User
Error 05 Lock The Hd
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

Update the Xenium's OS to 2.01 compadre ;)
Guide's in my sig :P and only use a DVD-R/CD-RW next time :)

Zaajko

• Archived User
Error 05 Lock The Hd
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »

will do it tomorrow :) this xbox pisses me off atm. Been trying to install it all day. Burned around 10cds/dvds and finally got it to work on my xbox. Was happy for 10 min before i got that crap when i tried it on my cousins xbox. :angry:
Now im gonna watch some movies and chill.. just chill and dont think about throwing that xbox under my car and drive back and forth 20 times. cheers  :beer: